D7 Pro ISS wrist ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubafoon

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I have purchased a brand new D7 Pro ISS a couple weeks ago along with the Si Tech dry glove system. One of the factors that contributed to my decision on Waterproof is the easily replaceable seal system. I have tried numerous times to try to remove the inner black plastic ring in the wrist to replace with the Si Tech dry glove ring that are supposed to stay with the suit after the system is installed (and even without dry glove, if one needs to replace a broken silicone seal, this is a necessary step as well).

However, I have tried all the methods, including taking the risk to break the inner plastic ring by using screwdriver, hammer, lubricants and it seems the ring just wouldn't come out. I have now pulled out the silicone seal backward and there is just the ring (and it is still not coming out).

I think it is a bit ridiculous that considering this is one of the top features Waterproof promotes so highly and also the D7 is an above average model and costs thousands of dollars, it is so difficult, if not impossible, to take out the ring. I've searched online and not much information/tips available, from Waterproof's video, it seems easy, just push from inside but this is DEFINITELY NOT the case.

I am trying my last resort to post here and hopefully there will be some feedback and useful instructions on how to remove it!!

I use an automotive trim tool to pop it out. They're made of hard plastic and are pretty wide, so they don't mar the rings up at all. I use the middle tool in the image I've attached.

Attachments

• trim.jpg
    trim.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 187
From my experience, if the ring was improperly installed (heard of faulty factory installations lately - the silicone gets twisted, and due to the Extra thickness is basically stuck in there) it's very hard to remove the ring. Even if the seal is not twisted, but no lubricant was used when installing it, the ring IS quite hard to take out, which is a good thing. On the other hand, if water based lubricant is used, the ring will be very easily removed, but will also rotate in the cuff, which then makes the removing of the dry gloves quite difficulty (as you need to twist them to remove them).

Just a little bit of lube makes the ring snap into place more easily and a little less difficult to remove.
Also, if you have a thick undersuit, make sure you use the new Antares support ring to prevent the undersuit getting in the way of the locking pins.
It’s marked B in this picture: http://www.sitech.se/ImageGen.ashx?image=/media/61095/antares_components_1.jpg

There's a good video by Waterproof, where you can see how much force you need to use to pry the ring out:
http://youtu.be/4wRILTtWoDw?t=57s

Thanks Zoranb, I watched the youtube video you referred to and likely mine was "improperly installed" as mine definitely requires much much more force than the video to pop the ring out, if it ever coming out. The dive shop I bought from will help me to do this and I plan to bring the entire system there this weekend for them to try, hopefully it will work.....

A dive shop gave me a hint about it : use a spoon to remove it. Worked like a charm ;-)

Envoyé de mon SM-T310 en utilisant Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom