D6i plexiglas shields

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark01

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Apparently these cannot be shipped to the U.S. from the EU. Is there a way I can purchase them here in the U.S.??

Found them on Ebay if it was what you were talking about and it says world wide.
Neuer Displayschutz F

I had issues getting the purpose built Suunto retract for the wrist mounted puck computers from the US dealers but it turned out that Suunto put it in a weird place in the catalog and it had no picture. I had to track down the part number from a German site and then get my LDS to ask the distributor. Finally got it though.

Hi, to the best of my knowledge those can be ordered by Suunto Dealers in the US. Personally I'd recommend the silicone shields though since those are touching the glass only and do not affect the bezel (while still protecting it) as opposed to the plastic shields which somewhat move and may cause some abrasion... Suunto Silicone Display Shields - Suunto Let me know should you not be able to get some... br, Hendrik

Hi, to the best of my knowledge those can be ordered by Suunto Dealers in the US. Personally I'd recommend the silicone shields though since those are touching the glass only and do not affect the bezel (while still protecting it) as opposed to the plastic shields which somewhat move and may cause some abrasion... Suunto Silicone Display Shields - Suunto Let me know should you not be able to get some... br, Hendrik

The dive shop I work for attempted to order the plexiglas shields and got word, as I did when I tried later to order from Bristol Channel Supply in the UK, that these shields could not be shipped to the U.S., Hendrik.

if the silicone shields were just a bit larger, I would use them, but their size seems to make it a bit more difficult to see the edges of the computer screen when information about dive time and air time is displayed.

i have one other source to try, but will contact you if that does not work out. Thank you very much for taking time to answer my post, Hendrik.

I see. I will have it checked. Yes, please let me know if you don't succeed with this...

br Hendrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom