D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...trying to get a feel for how'd they look together, you know where I'm going with this.
You style maven, you!
One's black, one's grayish. I do hope that's alright. :p

:rofl3:

I'll take a couple pics later today. :facepalm:
But @buddhasummer , it's like my wife's Little Black Dress. A D420 goes with anything!!

Tried one in the pool today with a Mk17. Sweet breather. Together with SP Frameless, definitely has Darth Vader overtones!

image.jpg
Well

Only gear I have (So far!) wing detached, I just got done adjusting the harness. Fits comfortably, like fuzzy slippers. Great BC, little to much lift for the diving I’ll be doing now, but I’ll take that for the comfort it gives. First off, you all are mental! In a great way! Loved all three vids! Thxs

I'm rebuilding a new to me set, on a budget, and need Regs. For the warm water diving I’m going to be doing, The mk25 will be more then fine. (Mostly keys as I work here now)
If someone wants to buy the new 420 kit, and sell the mk25 evo from it, and include a minty, serviced, used pair of g250‘s I’ll offer 450 and pay ship to the conch republic..
But, the 250s have to be in great condition. I know allot of you have older 250s and want to upgrade now to the 420s.

Knock Knock Buddha! Whatch’A got? I know you want that new 420....:)
Rsingler I bet you have a few 250s sitting around! And that poor new mk25 is all alone! :)
If you two tell me the old version 250s you have are good, I have zero doubt they are!

pm me

rsingler, assuming I get a set of g250s, what should they be tuned to, to max their performance,
While staying reliable?
PS: Love the Poseidon T shirt in the vids! Good taste! Thanks

Hi, @Billman3968 ! Welcome to the Dark Side.
Yeah, I've got G250's lying around, but not "minty" except for my first one, which I gotta keep. Bought it back in '86.
If you tune 'em to 1.1" you'll be fine. You can go lower, but they'll dribble, face down.
Hate to rain on your parade, but you won't find all the pieces for $450. Minty G250's are $120 unserviced, and a new Mk25EVO probably $375. Add in service kits, and even with free labor, that's $615.
You can occasionally score pretty G250's on eBay if you have someone to service them inexpensively, so don't give up! But if you like Poseidon, the XStream 1st stage is the best diaphragm in the world, IMO. And you'll never have to worry about scarring the open piston land of that EVO with sand and warm salt water. Even when you rinse 'em, Mk25's attract fine grit. Lots of that in Key Largo. So if you get one, soak it overnight and squirt out the holes religiously. My 2¢.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

This isn't a ''Pilot''...but a regurgitated X650...which was available in North America for one season...2007 I believe...after-which was available in Europe Only...disappeared permanently a few years later...

W.W...

View attachment 558814
W W, you and I rarely vehemently disagree, but that is so wrong! And the X650 was such a disaster that I have to jump on you before anyone else gets that impression.
The X650 was a standard end-balanced poppet, not unlike the S600, but with a sh1tty lever (high friction), and lousy performance.

There is NO comparison!
The "similar" lever to the X650 is really more like the C350 series, which has less friction than an S600. Similar shape. Different animal.
And the poppet is center-balanced.

Dude, don't go starting a fight in technician territory. :D

(okay, someone types much faster than me....)

Ummmmm.... I don't think so Warren....

How are you saying this (disaster):
upload_2020-1-2_13-37-37.png

Is (just) this:

upload_2020-1-2_13-36-20.png

BTW there are x650 schematics from 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 & 2008....

@rhwestfall is so much more diplomatic than I...
W W, didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
The D-series has a special place in my heart...

Actually, I should thank you. We've now put the X650 shape similarity to rest...:wink:

@rsingler

Thanks, I would Love to own aXstream! But not so sure the budget will allow it,
If you have one to sell, I’m all ears! Sure would match my BC quite nicely!

if the price of the 25mk approaches 375.00 might as well spend the few extra bucks and get the warranty card
I allotted 325 for the evo, and the 125 for the first gen 250s
Little low I know. I wouldn’t buy them off eBay, I would only purchase from people I know have experience enough to assure they are safe at time of sale.

Minty might be to strong a word, at my budget, maybe not beat to hell would be better. :) let me know what you have in Poseidon regs please. That would be cool if I can swing it. Thanks again
Also, we are close, bet we could work out something on those older 250s with a xstream! If you think that’s a good combo and have some to sell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom