D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want one so bad but not so bad that I want another Mk25...c'mon Scubapro :sad2:
They will start selling the second stage by itself soon just like other new second stages.

I want one so bad but not so bad that I want another Mk25...c'mon Scubapro :sad2:

Me too, I was told perhaps by June they'll be sold separately, I was also told SP is a bit nervous as to how these regs are going to be received and that production is limited runs at present.

With many thanks to @runsongas , I've given DaVinci Resolve a try, and below you'll find a novice video for Part III of the D420 Unboxing. I was able to tuck in some document camera video as I narrated, so as rough as it is, there's still a better view of the internals.
For what it's worth, the dynamic flow of this regulator is superb! I'm measuring less than 0.25" differential pressure at 8 cu ft/min! In other words, after cracking at 1", inspiration effort improves with faster/deeper breathing (with exertion), and presumably also with thicker air. I used the Wolfinger dynamic flow device from Reg Savvy, and will post a graph soon.
The replaceable orifice looks very nice. My only worry is now gone.

No, buddha! I won't wait 'til my Bonaire trip to dive it. :wink: More to follow!

With many thanks to @runsongas , I've given DaVinci Resolve a try, and below you'll find a novice video for Part III of the D420 Unboxing. I was able to tuck in some document camera video as I narrated, so as rough as it is, there's still a better view of the internals.
For what it's worth, the dynamic flow of this regulator is superb! I'm measuring less than 0.25" differential pressure at 8 cu ft/min! In other words, after cracking at 1", inspiration effort improves with faster/deeper breathing (with exertion), and presumably also with thicker air. I used the Wolfinger dynamic flow device from Reg Savvy, and will post a graph soon.
The replaceable orifice looks very nice. My only worry is now gone.

No, buddha! I won't wait 'til my Bonaire trip to dive it. :wink: More to follow!

The horror, technical issues?

87796631-E792-4D9C-9533-6DEF24B241C2.png

Back
Top Bottom