D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t think the adjuster has enough travel to overload the pad, the purge cover spring has no edge finish, if this one is the same it may put a pressure point on it(?) I would probably be hunting for a stainless washer to try in its place :wink:

That's a weird direction for that poppet nick. That's not something you did. Go for a replacement. That's just the sort of problem SP had with earlier iterations of the poppet. That sort of problem causes exactly your instability.
As noted above, service it with your kit and take the loss, or try for a new reg.

Oh, btw, the Vandenberg was fantastic. Double dip to 111' with 100' vis. Lots of fun exploring, and this would be a blast to train on for tec.
The detune on the D420 to 1.1" was perfect. Smooth performance throughout, and unnoticeable difference at 4+ atm. I LOVE this regulator! Still hate my Miflex long hose, but I can fix that. Atomic mouthpiece was a nice improvement!

At 1.1", my hex is about 1mm below the level of the two-pin cover, and as noted before, there's a hair of play before the diaphragm contacts the lever.

Hi @rsingler

I had 3 great dives on the Vandenberg off the M/V Spree, with Frank, @Wookie I really need to get back there one of these days.
Wish I'd been around when Frank was sailing the Spree!

A report has been passed onto SP. Awaiting response.

Given I've played with it I'm going to assume they'll not touch it, in which case I'll have no choice but the bite the cost of a kit. Fingers crossed however.

Guess perhaps I should have just returned it straight away but the DIYer in me took control.

Played with it what... you have it in pieces. :) if they takes it back and gives you a new one I will forever be a fan. Lol

Just think If you install your kit and its stable, you’ll be able to take it with you on your trip to Thailand... Bingo

Back
Top Bottom