D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big runny smelly poos.

Strike 2.

Leaked the whole dive.

I'll put it back on a gauge when I get home and see what's what. Venturi switch did nothing even though it's increasing cracking pressure. I've it set to 1-1.1" even though that's lower than spec with Venturi on max it should not be leaking.

I can only assume the lever is too high. It's at about 1/2mm below rim of case.

Still find the bubbles a little irritating, vertical it's a mikron.

It does breathe nicely though.

Will post back later.
Breathing nice is good, my dive switch goes from unpleasant to ok, not a fan of the mouthpiece so apeks comfo will going on it. It’s going to be a fun challenge getting it to perform, if I can.

Breathing nice is good, my dive switch goes from unpleasant to ok, not a fan of the mouthpiece so apeks comfo will going on it. It’s going to be a fun challenge getting it to perform, if I can.

And breathe nice it certainly does. In the absence of the manual I'm going to reach out and try to get official word on lever height setting.

If it can be dialed in and and isn't finicky I think it'll be a great reg. Big ifs though.

What first stage? Which wreck is the 420?
Using my Atomic T3 with a T3 2nd as octo, for comparison. I'll start with the D420 on the long hose.
We'll be doing Spiegel Grove, Duane, and the Vandenberg off Key West along with French Reef for the shallows.
Nice jealous who you diving with what outfit? Was there a couple months ago.
Using Quiescence for their small boats off Key Largo, Captain's Corner for the Vandenberg and Captain Hook for a Key West night dive.

Despite it not being rave review 2 dives in, I did like it more than dive 1. Moving in the right direction I guess. 3rd dives a charm.

However it will not be going to Thailand with me... or maybe ...

I'll race you to dial in. Let's compare notes each step of the way. Maybe we can reduce trial and error time with us both on it.

I'll race you to dial in. Let's compare notes each step of the way. Maybe we can reduce trial and error time with us both on it.
I'm really hoping you two can make it work for you. I'm sorry that both of you seem to have had poor tuning out of the box, but let's call it "growing pains." Clearly lever position is important, and interestingly, it should be floppier than tighter, which we can discuss later. But once you eliminate that small freeflow, I'm hoping the valve performance will shine, if not bubble dispersion.

I'm really hoping you two can make it work for you. I'm sorry that both of you seem to have had poor tuning out of the box, but let's call it "growing pains." Clearly lever position is important, and interestingly, it should be floppier than tighter, which we can discuss later. But once you eliminate that small freeflow, I'm hoping the valve performance will shine, if not bubble dispersion.

I'm sure SP thoroughly tested it, I'm sure it has the potential to shine. I'll be all over it tonight.

A manual would be so helpful.

Did two today, first dive switched between the 370 and 420 both on a titanium MK11. The 370, once tuned is as good as anything I have ever tried, truly a high performance reg. Second dive put the 420 on the long hose and only used it, not really impressed with only a minor tune it cracks very easy put I had to pull hard to get it to feel like it was ready to go and move air, otherwise I would say it feels like a double hose, my guess it it’s in the lever, it gives the same impression if you screwed the orifice in to far on a straight through “S” series and dropped the lever height, it drying tonight so I should get some time tomorrow to open it and see how the lever sits.
if you find the time you could do a quick write up on the c370.

there is not much on the board about it and, as a SP affordable option I'm sure a lot of people would be interested!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom