D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it yearly service recommended? Cheers.
You'll have the manual before I will, Simon. I have no idea. But then, who actually follows mfr guidelines anyway? Certainly not an accomplished DIY'er like you!

Seriously, I'd assume it's a 2-yr interval.

This one was expensive! Over $50 retail.
Is the poppet/stem assembly interchangeable with the older D series?

You'll have the manual before I will, Simon. I have no idea. But then, who actually follows mfr guidelines anyway? Certainly not an accomplished DIY'er like you!

Seriously, I'd assume it's a 2-yr interval.

More like Semi accomplished trial and error wanna be DIY'er

Is the poppet/stem assembly interchangeable with the older D series?
Nope. The poppet seat holder is a smooth cylinder. The old poppet had four short spokes. BUT, I'm hoping that the seat itself is the same size. In which case we can mix and match the tops, once they start releasing individual parts.
I haven't put the new seat under high power microscopy yet. But it looks as smooth as the best old ones.

I really don't understand SPs marketing strategy on this one, do they want to sell them or not? I've been told they will not be available for single sale until the end of this year. They could at least offer it with an MK17.
Because they want to sell it together with the new MK19.....

Another first stage I don't want. I wonder what the price will be on that combo as opposed to with the MK25. I suspect they'll chrome it out though to look more bling than the satin version.

Another first stage I don't want.
I want it.
I can't wait to get it.
I think SP's hit one out of the park...

I've been a piston guy my whole life. Then I just happened to reread the old NEDU study on reg performance at depth. The Poseidon 2960 had only at 30 psi dynamic IP drop at 90RMV AND 300 ft at 1000 psi tank input!!!
PoseidonNEDU.png
I always used to believe that the tiny outflow track for HP air in a diaphragm first stage (compared with the big central bore of a piston) limited max delivered flow. But if Poseidon could do that, then maybe I was wrong.

So for environmental sealing, plus a turret for hose routing, plus what I know about center-balanced poppet second stages, I'm willing to give the Mk19/D420 a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom