D400 Scubapro: Are parts still made, & can it still be servied by most LDS's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leicamshooter

Registered
Reaction score
D400 Scubapro: Are parts still made, & can it still be servied by most LDS's. I'm looking to purchase one, but am concern that it can't be servied easily? Thanks!

DA Aquamaster will most likely be along shortly to answer this question but I think I've read him say that D400s are fully supported from a parts perspective. If you have a tough time finding a scubapro technician to work on it, you might want to ask some of the ones floating on this forum. DA Aquamaster worked on my D300 (D400 predecessor). He got it turned around in a very short time. The best part is, the reg was dialed in perfect right out of the box.

As was mentioned DA is the oracle on these.

Personally I have not had a problem getting mine serviced. Hopefully that will not change any time soon.

Adobo:
DA Aquamaster will most likely be along shortly to answer this question but I think I've read him say that D400s are fully supported from a parts perspective. If you have a tough time finding a scubapro technician to work on it, you might want to ask some of the ones floating on this forum. DA Aquamaster worked on my D300 (D400 predecessor). He got it turned around in a very short time. The best part is, the reg was dialed in perfect right out of the box.

And looked very cool when diving. The big Dive/Predive switch right on the front was a kick to see.

The D300, D350 and D400 are still fully supported and parts are readily available. However if you have a D300 or an early production D350 using the D300 case, full parts support may mean having to upgrade to a D400 case as not all the older D300 and early D350 hard parts are still available.

Otherwise, they all use the same diaphragm and annual service kit. The later D400's use a new aspirator body that incorporates a replaceable orifice. If you damage the orifice in an older D400 D350 or D300, it can get expensive as the cost of the new aspirator is around $60.00.

Regarding service...I got into doing my own regulator service as I could not find a tech who could do a good job with my D400 and ended up getting into it commerically as I was hired by a fairly new SP dealer who could not find a tech who could do a good job servicing D400's either.

Generally, if you can find a tech who has been around a decade or so and who works for a shop who sold a lot of D400's you can get good service for your D400. Otherwise it can be hard as the adjustment procedures and sequence for the D400 are radically different than for a "normal" second stage and newer techs do not always have access to the information or experience needed to do a good job with them. The non standard service requirements of the D400 was one of the reasons it was discontinued in 2003 to be replaced by the not quite up to D400 performance standards X650.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom