D200 to Lembeh/Gangga Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't consider those "wow" shots, I wonder what would wow you? Those wowed me. I'm very ready for our trip to KBR in September, to get wowed in person . . .

If you don't mind Karl, what ports are you using for which lenses?

Kevin,

I use the new 8" dome with varied length stalks for the 10.5, 15 and 12-24 for WA.

I use the Ike recommended flat ports for macro. I shoot everything with AF, so I don't use the MF ports....except for the 105 which can be switched underwater.

Karl

kdietz:
Kevin,

I use the new 8" dome with varied length stalks for the 10.5, 15 and 12-24 for WA.

I use the Ike recommended flat ports for macro. I shoot everything with AF, so I don't use the MF ports....except for the 105 which can be switched underwater.

Karl

Great, thanks! It looked like you had the 8" dome on one of the pictures I saw on your site. Seems like that port would probably be useful for many different lens options.

The 8" can be used with the 17-35, 18-70 and others....a +4 diopter might be required if the lens can't focus closer than 12"

Dome ports can technically be used with a 60mm macro, but you don't gain as much magnification as with the flat ports

Karl

ABQdiver:
I'd say those are nicely done as well!! It looks like (from what I checked) that you used the 60mm lens quite a bit. Is that the one that quit focusing for you?

I've just got my D200 and loving it. No housing yet, maybe in a couple of months. Anyway I'm looking at the 105mm and the 60mm for a macro lens. Which do like and use the most?

More detailed info on the 60mm macro:

http://www.digitaldiver.net/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=17137

kdietz:
Kevin, the AF on the camera broke....not the 60mm!

We use both lenses a lot, but for Lembeh and dirty water, the 60mm works best IMHO....it forces you to get closer than the 105 and you don't have to shot through as much dirty water :wink:

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments regarding our photos...

Karl

Very very good work! Sharp focus, outstanding depth of field on the 60mm vs the 105mm, good solid contrast between the blacks and lighter shades and your colors really snap! Keep them coming, this is what UW photography is all about!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom