Cylinder Rack for confined space storage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hanging the tanks on the wall will not get you much in the way of usable floor space or look very good either. Why not something like a free standing wardrobe closet with the tanks on the bottom and everything else above them? Something that looks like a piece of furniture as this will be sitting in your dinning room. Four sets of doubles placed 2x2 should not be too deep or too wide provided there are no backpacks or BCDs left on them.

It's not so much the floor space as the bending over and picking them. Much easier to lean back and slip into them. They don't stay "stored" very long so it's not just a matter of out of sight out of mind.

It's not so much the floor space as the bending over and picking them. Much easier to lean back and slip into them. They don't stay "stored" very long so it's not just a matter of out of sight out of mind.

If that's the case, all you need is one of these...

revoccr-231x300.jpg

Plus... with all the money you'll save on TMx fills, you can buy a new dining room table!

If that's the case, all you need is one of these...

revoccr-231x300.jpg

Plus... with all the money you'll save on TMx fills, you can buy a new dining room table!

You ain't lyin'. I've got my heart set on a Meg but my wallet is set on OC.

You ain't lyin'. I've got my heart set on a Meg but my wallet is set on OC.

C'mon! You can get a brand new rebreather for $300 on ebay... just ask my wife! :D

C'mon! You can get a brand new rebreather for $300 on ebay... just ask my wife! :D

Does it look anything like this?

images

Does it look anything like this?

images

Hint: my wife also thinks my drysuit was $300 on ebay, and my cannister light was $300 on ebay, and my Liquivision was $300...

PS - if I should die diving, don't let my wife sell my gear for what I told her I paid for it!

Is the place you plan to install this rack into rented? Anything like you are showing in your photo above needs to be screwed into the wall studs. Also needs a lip and a way to secure the tops of the tanks. If you want to put cabinet doors on it, it will only take a few more tools and some more money. Of course your choice of building material will dictate most of the price. I would probably use cabinet grade plywood, and finish it how ever you want, be it a laminate or painted. of course you could go fancier and use pre-laminated ply, like mahogany, cherry, oak, etc. Edging can be done in multiple ways. Glued on wood, which is the cleanest, or iron on edge banding.

Good thing you don't live in earthquake country!

Is the place you plan to install this rack into rented? Anything like you are showing in your photo above needs to be screwed into the wall studs. Also needs a lip and a way to secure the tops of the tanks. If you want to put cabinet doors on it, it will only take a few more tools and some more money. Of course your choice of building material will dictate most of the price. I would probably use cabinet grade plywood, and finish it how ever you want, be it a laminate or painted. of course you could go fancier and use pre-laminated ply, like mahogany, cherry, oak, etc. Edging can be done in multiple ways. Glued on wood, which is the cleanest, or iron on edge banding.

Good thing you don't live in earthquake country!

I'm prepared to fasten everything to the wall studs, that's not much of an issue. I was hoping someone had already done something like this. Just fishing for ideas. Thanks

Something like this?

Foremost-Hawthorne-Bathroom-Wall-Cabinet.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom