Cylinder Rack for confined space storage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

syntaxerrorsix

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm ready to accept the fact that I need to utilize my current space more efficiently. I'm looking to build a "doubles" rack that will hold 2-3 sets of double cylinders securely.

It needs to have a shallow (did I mention shallow?) footprint and I plan to secure it to the existing wall/framing. My dining room has become a dive shop. I don't need a work bench I need proper staging/storage for multiple doubles hauled up multiple flights of stairs with limited square footage. Something similar to most improved cave diving sites with ease of donning and doffing. I would prefer furniture grade over wood shop designs.

Any thoughts?

I'm ready to accept the fact that I need to utilize my current space more efficiently. I'm looking to build a "doubles" rack that will hold 2-3 sets of double cylinders securely.

I wouldn't store tanks - especially FILLED tanks - anywhere but on the floor. They can't fall off the the floor.

I wouldn't store tanks - especially FILLED tanks - anywhere but on the floor. They can't fall off the the floor.

Helpful, not really pertinent to those that actually work around tanks for a living and not very helpful to those of us that use those sort of stands at dive sites on a daily basis but helpful none the less. Thanks...

Helpful, not really pertinent to those that actually work around tanks for a living and not very helpful to those of us that use those sort of stands at dive sites on a daily basis but helpful none the less. Thanks...

Do you have any helpful pictures of those helpful racks? Those of us that work at shops that don't have such helpful racks would find a picture to be helpful.

Do you have any helpful pictures of those helpful racks? Those of us that work at shops that don't have such helpful racks would find a picture to be helpful.

Something like this.... would be helpful.

peacock-tank-stand.jpg

It's too tall for me to sit on :cool2:

...but yeah something like this.

Reactions: RJP
Hanging the tanks on the wall will not get you much in the way of usable floor space or look very good either. Why not something like a free standing wardrobe closet with the tanks on the bottom and everything else above them? Something that looks like a piece of furniture as this will be sitting in your dinning room. Four sets of doubles placed 2x2 should not be too deep or too wide provided there are no backpacks or BCDs left on them.

Back
Top Bottom