Cyclone Yasi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeke XA3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Queensland - Australia - Most of the time
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Well looks like i might be sitting in the eye of the storm tomorrow night so no diving for a little while!

Any queenslanders here sitting it out or you running for the hills?

Yeah i heard that too, some friends are already checking maps to see where they can hide the car. Expecting up to 5m tidal surge and most of PD is about .....5m above sea level!!!

ahhh so much confusion!

Evacuation ordered in some area but not sure if it is in ours yet!

Sorry to hear about the Cyclone ... my wife and I are in the planning phase of a week long trip in June around PD and Cairns ... hope that it calms down a bit and doesn't do too much destruction around there... Batten down the hatches!

Well keep in touch i should be out working again way before you get here so can tell you how the reefs are. Im sure there will be damage but it will be hard for most people to see unless they dive before and after......

Sat out on the balcony for now enjoying the fresh air before i picks up too much and lock myself down.

Currently in QLD for holiday- scheduled to depart on the Spoilsport on Friday (originally thursday)- fled Port yesterday for Mackay....best of luck up there!

Well keep in touch i should be out working again way before you get here so can tell you how the reefs are. Im sure there will be damage but it will be hard for most people to see unless they dive before and after......

Sat out on the balcony for now enjoying the fresh air before i picks up too much and lock myself down.

Ok, thanks for offering to keep us up to date!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom