Cycling a new Lion battery pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

true, but storage characteristics are different. You dont store a lipo fully charged, and I think lipo's suffer worse when discharged too low, versus LiOn, but I may be wrong on that one.

true, but storage characteristics are different. You dont store a lipo fully charged, and I think lipo's suffer worse when discharged too low, versus LiOn, but I may be wrong on that one.

Not really. The chemistry is the same. The storage recommendations are the same, and the low voltage cutoff voltages are pretty much the same too.

Tobin

interesting, thx! I have lipo storage mode on my Hyperion Charger. So from what you say, I can use that charge mode if I want, and use the storage mode as well then. (I think its like roughly 90% capacity, something like that).

thx Tobin!

One other thing, I assume the pcb shut off voltage is probably like other lipo devices I've used, tha tbeing by the time the cut of occurs, you've already done some damage to the cells.

So while it appears I should be able to get over 3 hours (closer to 4) probably best to limit to around 3 hours.

Salvo 21W Light - Battery Trouble - DIR Explorers hope it helps .

But much better is to balance cells with good balancer & charger ;(potentials equlize between charging ) but in that case you need connectors on your BP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom