cutting jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've "heard" of folks putting Jet fins in a warm oven (not hot) or out in the sun and reshaping the footpocket - I've considered it myself but not tried it yet... try at your own risk, then let the rest of us who are to cowardly to try it on our own how it went for you :D

Aloha, Tim

interesting, but think about it... you cut down the fin to fit your whole foot in, you are still missing the power from the unfitting foot pocket, since you cut off what woulda been extra, your not really gaining any power, over using one thats too long anyway.

Get your hands on a can of Silicon Spray, spray liberally on the inside of the foot pockets of jet fins, Hey Presto easy removal... The first time you use them they feel a bit slippy but that's just because you're so used to them being stuck !!!

(Last about 3-4 dives for me in the sea) then just spray again..

Hope it helps

kidspot:
I've "heard" of folks putting Jet fins in a warm oven (not hot) or out in the sun and reshaping the footpocket - I've considered it myself but not tried it yet... try at your own risk, then let the rest of us who are to cowardly to try it on our own how it went for you :D

Yeap, that would be interesting to know. I wonder if the heating would actually change the property of the rubber (eg. making it hard and crispy where it would crack or the rubber would become too soft).

Let us know!!!

Back
Top Bottom