Cutting excess off wetsuit legs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It can be confusing, because the aquaseal brand actually makes aquaseal AND aquasel neoprene cement. The neoprene cement is wetsuit glue.

Yup, that's what I had.

Having just returned from a CCR course that I did mostly in a wetsuit, I have a tongue-in-cheek suggestion: Keep the rings of neoprene that you just trimmed off and use them like rubber bands around your ankles. You're gonna feel foot-heavy, and the little bit of flotation they provide might make you sliiiightly less miserable. :p

Having just returned from a CCR course that I did mostly in a wetsuit, I have a tongue-in-cheek suggestion: Keep the rings of neoprene that you just trimmed off and use them like rubber bands around your ankles. You're gonna feel foot-heavy, and the little bit of flotation they provide might make you sliiiightly less miserable. :p
A friend suggested using the buckle straps from one of my Perdix since I use bungee straps.

Actually the suggestion made by @stretchthepenn of keeping the original cuffs to go around my ankles worked quite well for cave class. One more fun dive today. I’m going to leave the suit behind. I’ll ask my instructor if she’d like to add it to her rental fleet or can pass it to someone who can use it.

I would probably use one of these cutting wheels (for next time):

And get a cheap plastic cutting board at Walmart and cut it to fit inside the leg to cut against. Then burn the edges and seal it with Aquaseal.

James

Actually the suggestion made by @stretchthepenn of keeping the original cuffs to go around my ankles worked quite well for cave class. One more fun dive today. I’m going to leave the suit behind. I’ll ask my instructor if she’d like to add it to her rental fleet or can pass it to someone who can use it.
Well, damn. There I go trying to be a smartass and end up making a good suggestion. Yay for me?

Back
Top Bottom