Cutting Costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just do not understand the animosity that some have displayed in this thread toward those of us that prefer to prepare our own meals with foods familiar to us and perhaps in the process also live within our means and maybe even save a few dollars toward another trip. But then again, this is SB so why should I expect common civility from anonymous strangers.
Fair enough, and you're right. It's none of my business. I apologize for being so "snarky" and I have deleted my post. I'm a hopeless smart ass. :) Happy diving!

For myself and my husband it is honestly more about what we enjoy doing than about cost. We rarely eat out at home either. It’s just not our thing. And after a long day of diving, the last thing I want to do is get “dressed,” drive to a restaurant, wait for food, wait for the check, etc. So instead I plan easy, quick meals and do as much prep work ahead of time as I can. Yes we will sometimes hit Kite City food truck. But I had much rather have a simple meal on my balcony and enjoy the evening/sunset/rainbow than dinner out. But as BoltSnap said whatever makes you happy.

View attachment 695505
Port Bonaire

My wife and I have been to Bonaire about 5 or 6 times in the past 10 years. We have always stayed for 1 week. In January we are going to be there for two weeks(can't wait). We always had breakfast in the condo, along with most lunches. We did have to grab a burger or 2 from some of the food trucks a few times. We always ate dinner out. Groceries have always been expensive, but cheaper than eating out every night. I am looking for thoughts on what we can bring with us to cut down on the price of groceries. Does anyone bring packaged side dishes?
Any suggestions are appreciated
Thanks
NRS Pilot knife is what I use. They have a good reputation especially among search and rescue people. They cost about $50

NRS Pilot knife is what I use. They have a good reputation especially among search and rescue people. They cost about $50
oops, wrong thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom