Custon Wet Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjake:
I just bought one from Aquaflite in FL. US made and high quality materials. I'm supposed to recieve it Monday (ordered last Monday) so the service is quick too. With the 27 measurements provided I would hope that the fit will be as good as others who recommended them to me.

www.aquaflite.com

Bob Jacobs

I just got my suit today (1week after ordering) and it fits great!! Their Oceanliner lining makes it a breeze to get on and off.

I got a custom wetsuit from www.liquidfit.com. Overall, i have been very pleased with the suit. I had to send it back for a little nip and tuck, but was not charged extra for that. I checked many of the other companies, but the deciding factor for me was the very wide color selection!!! The service was very personalized and the end product quite superior. I opted for a superstretch suit, but they also have their Platinum line.

Good luck with your suit selection.
SWT

If you think you need a custom wetsuit, then what you probably really need is a drysuit. It'll be similar in price and keep you much much warmer. It will also grow with you, as your diving progresses.

Hi Soggy,
I don't know where you've been shopping, but there is no way that the price of a custom wetsuit even begins to compare with the price of a dry suit!!!! Most custom wetsuit makers are keeping their prices quite competitive. In fact, my suit beat the price of a rack suit that I was considering.

Just another way to dive,
SWT

saltwater taffy:
Hi Soggy,
I don't know where you've been shopping, but there is no way that the price of a custom wetsuit even begins to compare with the price of a dry suit!!!! Most custom wetsuit makers are keeping their prices quite competitive. In fact, my suit beat the price of a rack suit that I was considering.

Just another way to dive,
SWT

I guess I made the assumption that we were talking about thick 2 piece wetsuits for cold water, not tropical suits. I gather from your posts that you only dive in warm water. I personally think spending money on a cold water wetsuit at all is a waste of money if you plan on diving much.

Soggy:
If you think you need a custom wetsuit, then what you probably really need is a drysuit. It'll be similar in price and keep you much much warmer. It will also grow with you, as your diving progresses.

im confused. do you know a source for inexspensive drysuits? all the drysuits i see range from about $1300 -$2000 just for the outer shell and then another $500 or so for the undergarment. i have been pricing custom 7mm farmer john wetsuits and they range from about $275 - $400 depending on options.

gurumasta:
im confused. do you know a source for inexspensive drysuits? all the drysuits i see range from about $1300 -$2000 just for the outer shell and then another $500 or so for the undergarment. i have been pricing custom 7mm farmer john wetsuits and they range from about $275 - $400 depending on options.

A good undergarment can be had for < $300 (Viking B400 thinsulate).

There are many entry-level drysuits in the $500-600 range. They aren't ideal, but are better than freezing in a wetsuit. Bare has the ATR Lite, Viking has the Xtreme. There are neoprene suits out there for wicked cheap and there is always ebay. Yes, they are more expensive than a wetsuit, but it's cheaper than a wetsuit plus the drysuit that you will inevitably buy later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom