Customs regulations ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well its kinda late to ask but I fly out tuesday morning for cancun for a 16 day diving adventure. I will be cave diving for a full cave class plus reef diving cozumel and I just became aware that I am limited on the quantity of items I can bring into mexico but I have been unable to find out exactly what restrictions apply or how they work. My biggest question is about regulators, as I will be cave diving I have packed 4 regs (2 stage and my doubles regs) plus my singles reg for warm water diving so thats a total of 5 first and 5 second stages plus 2 suunto cobras (primary and spare) , 2 bottom timers. Does anyone know how many regs a person can bring in and not have to pay a tax. I believe its called duty free restrictions but I am new to all this international travel stuff. Thanks

If you do not intend to leave the regs in Mexico then there should be no import taxes. You have to convince them that this is the case. Reservations and copies of emails will help. If not take receipts so that you can pay the taxes and be on your way.

When you get to customs, you will push the button and get either a red or green light. The theory is that a green light means no inspection of the luggage. We have gotten the red light and were waved through while the grungy looking guy behind us got a green light and was searched. Your appearance matters.

Hope this helps and enjoy your sixteen days!

Back
Top Bottom