Customers outside US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judestudio

Contributor
Reaction score
Something exordinary happened today. I came home from work, and there laid a box from DSS that I paid for 4 days ago. That stunt me because I wasn't expecting to see that box for another 1-2 weeks. It was sent across the globe from USA to New Zealand. And with a weekend in between the 4 days, it literally only took TWO days to arrive! I really don't think it was possible, even domestic parcels take longer than that sometimes.

The rig I got consisted of a Torus 26# wing, Hog harness, SS plate for local and Kydex plate for traveling. Everything is of top quality, even plastic bits and pieces were made with well-thoughtout details. The rig came with clear putting-together instructions, well packaged and LIGHTENING international shipping. It has not seen water yet, but I'll surely do a review after test diving.

Moral of the story:
If anyone out there living abroad from the US, wanting a quality BW/P setup. Look no further, get it from DSS! Get it today! Get it NOW!

judestudio:
Something exordinary happened today. I came home from work, and there laid a box from DSS that I paid for 4 days ago. That stunt me because I wasn't expecting to see that box for another 1-2 weeks. It was sent across the globe from USA to New Zealand. And with a weekend in between the 4 days, it literally only took TWO days to arrive! I really don't think it was possible, even domestic parcels take longer than that sometimes.

Sometimes the USPS does impress. Glad to hear the goods arrived, let me know if you have questions.

Tobin

judestudio:
Moral of the story:
If anyone out there living abroad from the US, wanting a quality BW/P setup. Look no further, get it from DSS! Get it today! Get it NOW!

It will officialy reach me on sunday, hoping to dive it later in the day or on monday.

Since a colleauge of mine bought himself also one, we'll have two DSS single rigs in the same country, so far far away from US, it should be rather unique if nothing else. :)

Got it!

Assambled it (took me 40 mins for the hog harness :)), I'll do the proper sizing tomorrow:
http://www.inet.hr/~astancin/dss_after.jpg

Tobin, many thanks for your help and patience. I know whom to talk when I go doubles one day.

Looks perfect, the wing is completly invisible from a front perspective, my figure is wider than it, and I'm no wide guy. :)

Comparison with my current jacket BCD:
http://www.inet.hr/~astancin/bpw_vs_jacket.jpg

cool_hardware52:
E_X,

Glad to hear the goods arrived safe. Looks like all you need to add is the cambands.

Let me know how it works out.

Tobin

I've finished the setup, adjusted the harness to my fit, tank valves are where I want them to be, reachable, and I must admit, the thing is as comfortable as possible. I figured the plate would have much more of a 'not the comfiest thing in the world' feel to it, but it doesn't.

Also, the tank stopped draging me behind to it's own will as it did with the jacket when standing up. I will not get the chance to try it out in the sea for the following couple of days, but it already looks and feels perfect.

My 2nd first stage does interfere a bit with the wing fully inflated, but nothing major or to be worried about (MK2+ sticks out, unlike MK25, both are DIN). Plus, I do hope I don't need to inflate it to the max. :)

http://www.inet.hr/~astancin/dss/dss.jpg

Got one question regarding maintenance. What is the preferred method of cleaning it, just rinse externally with plain water, or should I unzip it and rinse it from the inside as well?

evil_xander:
Got one question regarding maintenance. What is the preferred method of cleaning it, just rinse externally with plain water, or should I unzip it and rinse it from the inside as well?
Your rig is surely looking sleek! Interesting I asked Tobin the same question yesterday and here's his reply via email:

As with all dive gear you need to rinse it after use. Flush the Wing with a bit of fresh water and dump, repeat if it’s been a few days between cleanings.

I like to flush some fresh water through the LP hose nipple on the inflator. I just hold a garden hose up to the nipple and push the “add button”

The inflators are pretty trouble free, but might require service after a few years.

I store my wings with a puff of air in them, if I won’t be using them right away, other wise I roll them up when dry and place them in the top of my gear box.

The backplate and harness should be rinsed and dried. The knife should be removed from the sheath, and lude occasionally with a bit of silicone spray.

That’s about it. The leading cause of wing damage is dropping the backplate on the wing, so be careful there.

Tobin

I got a Torus though, so no bladder to unzip, but I doubt you need to do that. You only want to access the inner bladder if it needs repairing (correct me if I'm wrong, Tobin).

judestudio:
Your rig is surely looking sleek! Interesting I asked Tobin the same question yesterday and here's his reply via email:

I got a Torus though, so no bladder to unzip, but I doubt you need to do that. You only want to access the inner bladder if it needs repairing (correct me if I'm wrong, Tobin).

I guess that should be the case...

Thanks!

I think I'll go and test it out tomorrow perhaps, it is just sitting pretty here, shame not to put it to a good use. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom