custom wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anne

Reaction score
Hi! I have read with interest concerning custom wetsuits anything I can find. Not much info out there. Read about Liquid Fit. Sounds good. My concern is in the quality of the neoprene and the compression resistance. According to Rodale's there are differences. Is there any rating for this? Sure wish someone would do a review of custom wetsuits. Does anyone know of any other companies that make custom wetsuits?

Hi Anne,

The quality of the neoprene and the compression resistance is a concern for many divers looking to make an investment in a wetsuit. With an custom wetsuit it is even more of an issue because you want to make sure your suit will last for a long time and do it's job well.

From various opinions I have received, LiquidFit seems to get rave reviews for women's custom suits. I have heard that they are good quality and of durable construction. In my own dealings with the folks at LiquidFit, they seem to be very responsive to questions about their products.

Another manufacturer you might check out is California Waves. In the near future we will be doing a review of one of their custom suits.

Other resources you might check are

Otter Bay Wetsuits

Aqua Flite

and

Dolphin Wetsuits

I hope this helps in your hunt for a good custom suit.

Cheers,

Dear Ladydiver,
Thanks very much for the links. Very impressive! I'm glad that others are concerned about this subject, too.
Sincerely, Anne

Originally posted by anne
Hi! I have read with interest concerning custom wetsuits anything I can find. Not much info out there. Read about Liquid Fit. Sounds good. My concern is in the quality of the neoprene and the compression resistance. According to Rodale's there are differences. Is there any rating for this? Sure wish someone would do a review of custom wetsuits. Does anyone know of any other companies that make custom wetsuits?

Hi Anne,

I am glad I could help. If you have any other questions, just ask and I will do my best to help you out.

Cheers,

Dear Ladydiver,
Spoke with Ed Rogers at Aquaflite custom wetsuits. I was very impressed with their website. They have a "wetsuit" called Triolefin that has the warmth of 2.5mm neoprene suit, yet is neutrally buoyant! I would sure like to get rid of some weight off my BC! Ed also mentioned that their neoprene is top quality. In a few weeks they will be getting in some neoprene that is slick inside which wetsuit mfgs. like Henderson have been using. Sincerely, Anne

Originally posted by Ladydiver
Hi Anne,

I am glad I could help. If you have any other questions, just ask and I will do my best to help you out.

Cheers,

Hi Anne,

I have heard that that new slick neoprene is great stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on some myself. I talked with one lady who purchases a suit made from it and she said she was able to stop using her diving skin under the wetsuit. The slick lining made it so easy to get in and out of that she said she will never buy anything else ever again.

If you decide to try it out, let me know how you like it.

Cheers,

Try this link: http://wetwear.com they are still using Rubatex neoprene in their suits and according to what I've read, this is the ONLY Neoprene that resists compression over time. You can also try the Henderson Gold Core Suits, they slide like butter, I've never had such fun trying on a wetsuit.

[Edited by Nautilus on 07-27-2000 at 05:16 PM]

Hi. I'm new to this board and I realize this thread has been quiet for a while but I too have a custom wetsuit for the very reasons mentioned in the Liquid Fit article. You may want to consider checking out Atlan http://atlaninc.com/ . Mine cost me marginally more than one off the rack but it fits.

Hi Alison,

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I haven't heard of Atlan before but I checked out their site. It looks like they have some good stuff.

How long did it take to get your custom suit? Did you order it by phone or are you local to them? Do they have a good selection of colors?

I have been interested in doing a custom suit for a while now, I have just been weighing my options and like to get input from different people who have used different companies.

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom