custom wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by pinkladydi
I just decided to go to a MOBBY's dry suit ,it offers SO MUCH FREEDOM as well as warmth, I thought I couldn't do the tight neck thing so I tried someone else's suit for 1 dive & I was hooked. consider trying a rental suit even in a pool before you buy a neoprene girdle [aka wet suit].

Having been a drysuit diver for many years welcome to the world of nice warm diving! You will REALLY notice the extra warmth inbetween dives and on the second and third dives of a day.

With such good American drysuit companies as Mobby, and DUI, it has always amased me that a lot of the people here will do 4 dives in a day in a neoprene horrid thing. Mebe the nitrogen has done something to their brains.

Jon T

I have been a drysuit diver for many years; it's just so much more comfortable in cold water! :)

That being said, be advised that because I tend to get hypothermic quickly (esp first in/last out with students) I wear my drysuit in anything under about 77F. (But on the flip side of that, I've been in my drysuit in 34F water too!)

I have several wetsuits: 1/8" down to a skin. Two of the 1/8" ones are custom. Despite the fact that the customs are about 6 years old, I don't think prices have gone up that much to justify the difference between the $250 CDN per suit I paid then, vs the $362 USD each that Liquidfit wants. When you do the $$$ conversion, that would be $150US for the originals vs $362 (discounted price). IOW, over DOUBLE the price.

Sorry, but I still think that pricing is excessive, esp given that the NON discounted pricing was $427 each!

Just my opinion, of course.

~SubMariner~

Here is one site that offers completely custom wetsuits for only 50.00 over the normal prices of their suits.

aleeda dot com/custom_wetsuits

I hope this helps you out.

Brian

Hi fellow lady divers,

Does anyone have any experience buying a custom wetsuit? I'm looking to purchase a quality wetsuit that actually fits and will last. I bought a Waterproof wetsuit that I thought would work, it was an XL plus short size for women, but still no luck. I've seen many websites that claim to make custom wetsuits, but I'm a little apprehensive at buying online. I've seen Liquidfit, Aquaflite, Wetsuit wearhouse, Atlan and many other sites. If anyone has any comments whether good or bad regarding any custom wetsuit sites all will be appreciated. Thanks

Wetwear (www DOT wetwear DOT com) is awesome! The suits are extremely easy to get on and off and though they feel pretty stiff at first, once you put it in the water, it moves like a second skin. ALL of their suits are custom made, so as long as you have your measurements taken by a reliable person, you're going to get a suit that fits you perfectly. I'm new to diving, but my suit is from this company and I couldn't be happier with it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom