custom wetsuit ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

check out "waterproof" brand wetsuits, they have eleventyseven wetsuit sizes and then some. Custom suits are expensive... so are these, but less so than most custom
Waterproof USA
If you can't find a stock size in there I'd be surprised

JMJ Wetsuits based in Torrance, CA

I've bought 2 wetsuits, a hooded vest, and 3 boat coats from them. They've always provided great service, and I've been very happy with their products.

I know Cressi makes custom suits....well here in any case. They are the same price as normal suits, unless you have some "funny" requirements. The only drwaback is time, roughly around 3 weeks.

I am looking to get a custom wet suit, however, there a ton of wet suit makers in so cal, how does one go about figuring out which one to go with. any help would be great

Try the following URL.

They make excellent custom wet suits using Rubatex premium neoprene.
They also have an option for fully gusseted extended zippers which make the suit much easier to put on and take off.

Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities

Look at each ones quality, and features they offer. I know that Wetwear is not in Cali but as far as I can tell they offer the best quality and options. You can order on line or at one of the dive shows.

I ordered my custom wetsuit from WetWear and I absolutely LOVE it! You can order a variety of colors and styles. I got mine with zippers in the arms and legs making it super easy to get into and out of. They are very easy to contact via their website and phone number. They have a long list of measurements (and photos to show you exactly where and how to measure) so you can ensure a good fit. Good luck!

Look at each ones quality, and features they offer. I know that Wetwear is not in Cali but as far as I can tell they offer the best quality and options. You can order on line or at one of the dive shows.

+1

Wetwear is going to be at the Long Beach Scuba Show in May. Here's an email they sent me regarding a custom suit:

Yes we will be at the Long Beach show. We can measure you there but there is a better option. You can measure your self and email them to me. We can make you the suit and bring it to you for a fitting. This way you have a chance to try it on before it is finished. We can make any necessary changes and then ship it to you. Let me know if you have any questions about this process or what you would like to do.

If you can find one in driving distance so they can measure, fit and take responsibility that is a huge advantage. Going through rework exchanges isn't any fun. In any case the end result is worth the effort.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom