custom wetsuit makers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grilla

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anybody make a recommendation for custom wetsuit makers. Price is a factor. Got my son into scuba at 16 years old - thought I'd grow my own diving buddy. Problem is, he's really grown! Just turned 18 and he's 6'9" and 330 lbs. Thanks

Don

grilla:
Can anybody make a recommendation for custom wetsuit makers. Price is a factor. Got my son into scuba at 16 years old - thought I'd grow my own diving buddy. Problem is, he's really grown! Just turned 18 and he's 6'9" and 330 lbs. Thanks

Don
I orderded a custom hood from
http://www.otterbaysuits.com/
not picked it up yet, but good, friendly service, but I think you probably have to do the measurements yourself unless you live close to Monterey, CA

grilla:

Don

Check out the following thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=73239

As I recall, Liquid Fit, Eagle Reef, Harvey's, Aquaflite are among the US makers. Forgive me if I've forgotten a few others. Henderson will also do slight alterations on a 'stock' suit for a 'nominal' fee; your local dealer can help you with that. The above thread should give you web pointers for the various makers.

For overseas makers (who will ship to the US), check out Triple-L (do a search on the board), or hotwavephuket. Very reasonable pricing, until you get socked the DHL-to-the-US charge, at which point US makers become competitive. (I believe air-shipping a box from SE Asia to the US via DHL is not quite $100).

I believe that Liquid Fit has gotten very good reviews on this board; also Triple-L; also Aquaflite. I don't recall hearing bad things about others.

I wound up purchasing two custom 5mm suits for myself & spouse from Aquaflite. Fast turnaround (suits shipped 1 week after the order was placed); friendly service; quality looks good.

Good luck!

grilla:

Don

Where do you live? If you are in Canada, I can give you a name of an excellent builder that won't be out ragous, cost wise, to have him do a suit for you.

US Wetsuits: http://www.uswetsuits.com/

Inexpensive with quick turn-arounds and they do custom cuts. These aren't the highest quality suits but I have a 3mm that has protected my hide on a few dozen wreck dives over the past couple of years - and I'm tough on my stuff.

hdtran:
For overseas makers (who will ship to the US), check out Triple-L (do a search on the board), or hotwavephuket. Very reasonable pricing, until you get socked the DHL-to-the-US charge, at which point US makers become competitive. (I believe air-shipping a box from SE Asia to the US via DHL is not quite $100).

I have nothing but praise for Hotwave—great price and great service; my gf and I are two very satisfied customers.

http://www.hotwavephuket.com/

grilla:

Don

www.liquidfit.com

I have purchased 2 wetsuits from Ed Rogers at Aquaflite . I have a 7MM farmer John and a 3MM one-piece. Been happy with both suits. Service was great. On time delivery. Aquaflite publishes their price list on their website so you can comparison shop. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom