Custom twinset band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pisauron

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a set of very tiny doubles - 3L on each side.
Diameter is 10cm each tank.
Currently using 140mm bands, it's the smallest i found.

Do anyone know of a service that can make custom bands for me?

Thanks

Kent Tooling in the UK make a lot of stainless products, but not specifically bands as far as I'm aware. I'm pretty sure they've custom maid stuff to order in the past, so might be able to help. They have a set up for indy 7s, with an X bracket and cam bands that might work for you too.
Rich

Kent Tooling in the UK make a lot of stainless products, but not specifically bands as far as I'm aware. I'm pretty sure they've custom maid stuff to order in the past, so might be able to help. They have a set up for indy 7s, with an X bracket and cam bands that might work for you too.
Rich
Thank you very much!

can you grab four pieces 25mm x 2mm stainless steel bend it around a pipe get your neighbour to weld them

and go buy some allthread ands nuts and stuff

you don't even have to weld them

is what grantmac means

can you grab four pieces 25mm x 2mm stainless steel bend it around a pipe get your neighbour to weld them

and go buy some allthread ands nuts and stuff

you don't even have to weld them

is what grantmac means
Oh I get it,

That's exactly what I wanted someone to manufacture for me :)
I don't have stainless steel, a pipe or a neighbor with a welding machine - yet.

Thanks

Could you cut and smooth the bands?
If so I think you could modify some stainless exhaust clamps into a no-weld solution.
I have 2 140mm bands, how do i cut them into 100mm bands?

I would wrap round the tank with harness to the correct thickness and tighten it with your existing bands. It is NOT going to move.
Harness is dirt cheap and requires no fabrication, hammering, welding etc etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom