custom Sidemount rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edasque

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
IMAG0120.jpg

This is quite a unique item.

I was looking for a scuba rig that would adapt to most diving situation, from a simple recreational dive to a more advanced dive, requiring more gas and I was also looking for something I could easy stuff in a carry onand dive anywhere I'd travel. Sidemount rigs are the most versatile, dive them in cold or warm water, dive with two smaller tanks, two Aluminum 80s (which you can get anywhere) or a pair of heavier stell tanks for independent doubles.
The problem is that I wasn't happy with the available sidemount systems so I worked with Privateer Divers to design a custom sidemount system. This is one of the two systems we ended up with and since I don't dive as much as I used to and there is only one of me, it's time to downsize and put this one up for sale. It is in really good shape with only one dive on the rig and prior to that half a dozen dives on the Dive Rite Rec wing that served as a base to build the rig.

Amongst its many features and components you'll find:
  • a Dive Rite Rec wing (45# of lift, worth $300 by itself)
  • a Privateer Divers HR-3 deluxe harness with a variety of proprietary P.D. harness hardware
  • A Z-knife chess sheath
  • A custom-made sidemount soft plate with built in weights (2x5lbs) and 5 d-rings tail/butt plate and 2 bungees for securing your tanks to your side
  • A chest level pull deflator for the wing
  • A wing inflator that attaches to a chest level bungee
This rig is ultimately very versatile and compact it can be used from easy recreational dives to cave and wreck dives (with training) thanks to its extremely low profile, buoyancy and trim characteristics.

This custom harness wasn't trimmed to a specific size and fits a 5'9" 200lbs diver very comfortably with room to spare. For sale (local pickup) for $250. Similar sidemount rigs cost $599-$800

i.php
i.php

IMAG0116.jpg

i.php

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom