Answered: Custom Search Favorite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had been running a custom favorite in my browser with the index numbers of all forums of interest. I'd get all of the action since my last visit. It no longer works and I'm not able to find guidance on how to recreate that feature in the new format? Can you point me in the right direction.

It looks cleaner but I share the bright and white sentiment. I like a screen that shows more in a view but I know that's not universal or maybe not even best practice these days. Without the link mentioned above it's too tedious to look for discussions of interest but that is common to the old format.

Thanks,
Pete

I think we matched the forum numbers one for one in the migration but I'm not sure.

But the top level directory structure changed.

So try adding /community/threads/ after scubaboard.com to all your forum listings and see if that works.

Otherwise if you click on any forum heading you should get the new url for it in your browsers address bar - the full URL for this one (Site Support) for example is: http://www.scubaboard.com/community/forums/site-support.93/

Actually come to think of it, I think the forum name/number at the end of the url is different also now so my first suggestion probably won't work - you'll have to find/replace the entire URL in your search.

Forum Numbers are the same except for Basic Scuba Discussions.

Cool thanks,

Now I have about 30 forums in my string. Formerly they were separated by a comma (no space). That's not working and so far my best guesses are not getting me anywhere. How should by forum codes be delimited in a string?

So I can clean up the string what was the OLD basic forum number?

Thanks gain,
Pete

Thanks HowardE

I'm still struggling with getting it to work with more than one forum in the link.

Maybe try appending the forum id's to something like
Code:
&c[node]=1053+717+411+344+664

This is being a tough nut to crack!

Still tinkering with this custom search but I'm losing interest in the whole kit and caboodle. Thumbs down on the new functionality. Liife's
too short to browse this site forum by forum.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Back
Top Bottom