custom purge covers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveFass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Am I the only one who thinks pretty much all regulators have unatractive purge covers? Mine has a big Z on it. Yours has the manufacturer name, or just a model letter/number.

I don't know about you but I went into diving because I think I look pretty good in rubber, and if I wear a rubber suit anywhere outside of water, well, I was getting some pretty strange looks for a while.

So I'm wondering whether you figured out how to customize yours, and what design did you choose. I'm thinking of either a skull and crossbones, or bugs bunny.

Why all the hassle with Scuba Diving if you only want to look good in rubber?
There are many clubs nowdays where you'll be more than welcome clad in rubber or latex. :eyebrow:

SteveFass:
Am I the only one who thinks pretty much all regulators have unatractive purge covers? Mine has a big Z on it. Yours has the manufacturer name, or just a model letter/number.

I don't know about you but I went into diving because I think I look pretty good in rubber, and if I wear a rubber suit anywhere outside of water, well, I was getting some pretty strange looks for a while.

So I'm wondering whether you figured out how to customize yours, and what design did you choose. I'm thinking of either a skull and crossbones, or bugs bunny.

Man, I think you look GREAT with that "big Z" on your purge cover!!!

:D

Scott - you just gave me an idea - If I changed my name to something that started with a "Z", it would be like having my reg monogrammed.

SteveFass:
Scott - you just gave me an idea - If I changed my name to something that started with a "Z", it would be like having my reg monogrammed.

Aaaaaaaaaahhh... Life is good.

Z...

People might even think that you were a SUPER HERO!, Z MAN. Think of the action you could get.

If ScottZeagle did not think that 'Z' looked good I would start to wonder about my Flathead.
I never thought about it before, but it would have been nice to custom the purge. Even having to keep the great 'Z' we could have had colors to match the new colored BCs. Red hoses, green purge and a gold 'Z'. This would match my must buy red, green and gold Zeagle BC. Classy do you not think?
The dream was short lived so we are back to standard divers black.

Rastaman:
Even having to keep the great 'Z' we could have had colors to match the new colored BCs. Red hoses, green purge and a gold 'Z'. This would match my must buy red, green and gold Zeagle BC. Classy do you not think?
The dream was short lived so we are back to standard divers black.

You don't have to keep the black one - gray or yellow is available as well! :wink:

Custom purges would be cool, however the cost to produce them would outweigh the number of people who would actually buy them.

"Cool" is one thing - "Paying $25 for a purge dome" is another...:D

This guy likes the "Z" so much, he even put it on his shirt pocket!!! :D

thelifeaquaticpubh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom