Custom or off the rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the company I went with when I got my custom wetsuit and I love it. As a matter of fact I had them make me a second suit even though the first one is just fine. That way I'll have a great one as a spare. They had come to Raleigh for a scuba show and they did all measurements on site. Can't say enough good things about their suits. Fits perfect and not really much more than one off the rack.

Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities

Try an O'Neill size MS or possibly even a Body Glove size MS. The MS size is for the not-so-tall, but stocky people.

Here's O'Neill's Size Chart. The numbers won't match up to your's exactly. And finding a place that stocks size MS can be hard (it's not the most requested size, I know because it's my size). But I think if you can find one to try on, it might fit. It's just the leg length I'm not sure about.

There is no way he'll fit into a O'Neill Medium Short with a 44" chest. He might get by with an XL Short if he has an athletic built, though the inseam will be slightly longer.

There is no way he'll fit into a O'Neill Medium Short with a 44" chest. . .
I believed the same thing (I have the same size chest), but I thought "what the heck, I'm here, I'll try it anyway." I did, and it actually fit comfortably. I thought at a minimum it would constrict my chest and make it hard to breath. Turns-out it's actually comfy. That's why I recommended that if the OP could, he at least give it a shot. Unfortunately, while it was the right size, it was the wrong wetsuit. So I ended up having to wait while they ordered the one I wanted.:coffee:

I just purchase the Pinnacle 7mm Elastaprene and had it slightly modded. What was your final cost?

I think that mine came out with taxes and everything to be $500. The four zippers at wrists and ankles plus Kevlar kneepads and a knifesheath added to the cost. I think that the basic no-frill one-piece suit is like $380-something(?).

I think that mine came out with taxes and everything to be $500. The four zippers at wrists and ankles plus Kevlar kneepads and a knifesheath added to the cost. I think that the basic no-frill one-piece suit is like $380-something(?).
Not bad.

The Pinnacle was right at 4 and has all the accouterments you mentioned save for the knife sheath (which I am now quite interested in :)

We are diving Jupiter, FL for the lemon shark migration 24-25 so it will be my first chance to get it wet.

I am 5' 9" tall with a 46" chest. I usually end up in an XL or XXL wet suit to get the chest sized properly and then end up with arms and legs that are too long.

Fortunately shortening them is a cheap alteration. Superior Diving Repair does good work and it will probably be cheaper than buying a custom suit.

Superior Diving Repair

Not bad.

The Pinnacle was right at 4 and has all the accouterments you mentioned save for the knife sheath (which I am now quite interested in :)

We are diving Jupiter, FL for the lemon shark migration 24-25 so it will be my first chance to get it wet.

JUst curious, did you get the Merino lined, or is it regular Elastiprine?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom