Custom Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grizzie

Reaction score
The woes of being a woman and diving. Most of my diving has been in warm water. At 5'1" with very large boobies and even larger hips, and a pretty small waist, I would absolutely love to walk into a dive shop and buy a suit off the rack that I didn't have to stretch to the limit over the large areas and hope that the excess in the waist . . . well I'm pretty sure many of you know where I'm coming from. Anyway, my husband and I are talking about doing some diving in the St. Laurent (sp?) river and I've decided that a drysuit would probably be a good idea. My research indicates that I have to have one custom made. Anyone have any ideas? I've checked DUI and Whites, but, I'm looking at a $2,000 investment . . . does anyone know if there is a company out there that is high on quality and not quite so high on price?:cold:

Hi Grizzie,

You might try sending a private message to Scuba Board member Bob3. I believe he is a Viking dealer and he may be able to help you. I don't know if they do custom suits, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck.

grizzie once bubbled...
The woes of being a woman and diving. Most of my diving has been in warm water. At 5'1" with very large boobies and even larger hips, and a pretty small waist, I would absolutely love to walk into a dive shop and buy a suit off the rack that I didn't have to stretch to the limit over the large areas and hope that the excess in the waist . . . well I'm pretty sure many of you know where I'm coming from. Anyway, my husband and I are talking about doing some diving in the St. Laurent (sp?) river and I've decided that a drysuit would probably be a good idea. My research indicates that I have to have one custom made. Anyone have any ideas? I've checked DUI and Whites, but, I'm looking at a $2,000 investment . . . does anyone know if there is a company out there that is high on quality and not quite so high on price?:cold:
Check out www.andysdrysuit.com . He is also relatively local to you (and to me) since he is up on the MD shore.

Good luck!

Grizzie
For two grand you can have a wonderful custom suit and some money for a dinner with someone special, let me explain. This is my experience, not my suggestion. This is for your information only, you're a big girl.......... I have two suits. My first was an OS Systems, it was $1700.00 and change with two set of thermal wear, a bag, and dry gloves, a hip pocket, reinforcement material on the knees, butt, and elbows. Reflective stripping, latex seals, bib covered zipper, and Si Tek valves. I use it for work and play. I have 194 dives on it, and it looks, and works great to this day. I have yet to have a failure, or replace any seals. It was an excellant first suit. I put a hole in it on a job a while ago and kept on useing it for three weeks until I could get a loaner by putting Duct Tape over the 1/2 in cut in my knee area on the inside of the suit.

The second is an Andy's. The loaner I recieved from the LDS who sent it out gave me an Andy's DS3. I was so impressed with it's feel, and function for the money, I bought one for $1400.00, no undies. I believe these two suits are among the most under rated suits on the market today for the money in this price range. They have both proven to be excelant values, as well as performers. This suit has a pocket, HD boots, Si Tek valves, latex seals, suspenders, and has upgraded outer material.
There are values all around you. You merely have to seek them out girl, which is what you're doing now.........Good Luck, I hope this helps.
Wreck/Tek

Check out the drysuit section at Northern Diver: http://ndiver.com
There may even be something in the stock size section that may fit. While non-custom, the Vortex is somewhat similar to the Viking Xtreme & reasonably priced.
PM me for prices.

The normal Viking Xtremes only come in 5 stock unisex sizes.
The Vortex has an elastic waistband so it will at least LOOK more stylish topside. :wink:

It took me 4 months to get my made-to-measure dry suit from Northern Diver and I live in the UK, where ND are based.

A catalogue of disasters.
1) They close for 2 weeks over the summer . for a holiday
2) They make 5000 drysuits for Saudi Arabia and dont care about my order.
3) They lost my order
4) Tried to tell me that it was being cut on the cutting table (in the uk), when they are produced in the far east.
5) then a problem with the glue
6) then a problem with the neoprene
7) Lied to me about delivery times
8) When my suit finally was delivered, they had spelt my name wrong on the pocket and put the valves in the wrong place.

Absolutely useless company and Iwill never use them again.
I said that 15 years ago, when they traded with my dive shop badly. But they do produce good quality suits. WHEN YOU GET THEM!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom