Current water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Will be heading to Nassau in two weeks for a couple of days of diving and need to decide which wet suit to bring. Anybody have any logged water temps over the last couple of days - Thanks

Craig

Craig, when you headed down? We arrive on the 11th and head out on the 18th. Funny you ask about temps as I was planning on doing a google search on temps when I got off the forum..... :wink:

I just came back on 4/20 from a week on the Aqua Cat. Water temps are between 73-77. The 2 dives right out of Nassau I did were Tri Wreck and Mystique and both of them were 73 on bottom. I wore a 5 mm and was quite comfortable even after diving 4 times a day for a week. Have Fun!

Craig, when you headed down? We arrive on the 11th and head out on the 18th. Funny you ask about temps as I was planning on doing a google search on temps when I got off the forum..... :wink:

Will be there the first week for 4 days - two diving days...enjoy

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2013 at 12:56 PM ----------

I just came back on 4/20 from a week on the Aqua Cat. Water temps are between 73-77. The 2 dives right out of Nassau I did were Tri Wreck and Mystique and both of them were 73 on bottom. I wore a 5 mm and was quite comfortable even after diving 4 times a day for a week. Have Fun!

Thanks that is very helpful. I will take my 5mm - for me even 77-78 is 5mm type wear and so I will def go 5mm

weenie, I think I'll dive a 1mm shorty ................. not :D

If you do that your Weenie will become a shorty...or should I say shorter :wink:

Not to mention the sharkies using your legs as an emory board....

10 days - woohooo

If you do that your Weenie will become a shorty...or should I say shorter :wink:

Not to mention the sharkies using your legs as an emory board....

10 days - woohooo
Please update thread when you get back , I am leaning towards 3mm if the temp gets to 80 plus ... thanks

We got back yesterday after 3 days, 12 wonderful dives with Stuart Cove, report and pics to follow. The Water temp from May 3-5th was 76 F. I was initially slightly chilled in a 2/3mm full wet suit so added a 3mm hooded vest and was much more comfortable. Most of the DM had hooded wet-suits There were a couple of divers who dove with bathing suits and a rash guard, so it all depends on your cold tolerance. Better to be warmer than chilled, so err on a little more neoprene.

If anyone has any more recent temp readings, would love to hear them. Will be on a southern Bahamas liveaboard in 2 weeks and need to decide which wetsuit to bring.

Thanks,
James

If anyone has any more recent temp readings, would love to hear them. Will be on a southern Bahamas liveaboard in 2 weeks and need to decide which wetsuit to bring.

Thanks,
James
Yes , Please , keep em coming . I am off in 30 days , If it hits a constant 80 I am going 3mm rather than 5 mm ,
Please update when you get back James , I will be doing my last week to get ready when you return , thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom