Current water temps in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maremd50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm leaving for Cozumel in 4 days and trying to decide on which wetsuit to take. I get cold very easily so this is a big deal for me. Please, someone that is diving down there, post what you are getting for water temps the last day or two. Thank you!!!!

From the "sticky" at the top of this forum:

What is the water temp in Cozumel?

The YEAR ROUND water temperature in Cozumel is consistently in the 78 – 84+/- range.

December - Feb: 78 - 80 +/-
March - May: 80 - 82 +/-
May - September: 82 - 84 +/- (occasionally can get in the 85/86 range...all computer variable anyway)
October - November: 80 – 82

I too get cold very easily. Even in Cozumel.

I've become obsessive about checking up on water temp in advance. A few degrees makes a big difference to me.

While you are waiting for a local to report their observations, you might like to read this:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/500802-water-temp.html#post7336202

Have a great trip.

Surface conditions can change quite a bit from day to day. Having a jacket on the boat can make a big difference in comfort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dove yesterday, the water was 79 the first dive and 80 the 2nd dive. The air temp was 85. I have been here a week and the water temp never read below 78. The air temp has been as low as 71..... Bring a jacket to wear between dives!

Thank you judydivescoz. I have found a big difference between the 78 and the 82, which is the range for Feb-March. And I've gone places when the "average" wasn't even close to what was happening in that particular year/season. It is so much more helpful to have a specific temp from someone actually diving there - mucho gracias. I've done a lot of traveling/diving in various areas and will, of course, have gear for wearing during SI. I've been seeing some cooler mornings, if the weather.com app is accurate. But at least its not drysuit weather!!!! :)

:cheerleader:I'm doing my 100th dive in Cozumel. Apparently, there's a rule that you have to dive naked for the 100th dives. My version of dive naked is bikinis. Any other days, I'm in full wetsuit or dive skins,78+F for protection. However, I do own a shorty which I seldom wear. I need more exposure suits for my cenotes dives, so I will layer up,72F. Be safe and have a great time everyone, see you down below!

My computer said 80deg today (Fri 27th)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom