Current water temps in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

We are heading back to beautiful Bonaire for the last week of August. we were there in the early preing a few years back.

Do anyone have a recent water temp or a place to find it?

I want to dive in a shortie this year and skip the full suit.

Very stoked to be back on Bonaire!!! its been a few years.

THanks!!!

I was there the week of July 4th and it was a consistent 81 degrees.

nice!!! I like the sound of that!

You guys are putting way too much thought into this. 78 to 79 degrees water temp in Bonaire is "cold" and 82 to 83 degrees is "hot". 77 is arctic and 84 is hell. Most of the time it's in the 79 to 82 degree range. Year round.

Dive early. Dive often.

You guys are putting way too much thought into this. 78 to 79 degrees water temp in Bonaire is "cold" and 82 to 83 degrees is "hot". 77 is arctic and 84 is hell. Most of the time it's in the 79 to 82 degree range. Year round.

Dive early. Dive often.

Go easy on them, wwguy. Checking the water temp is just part of the pre dive trip ritual. Helps us survive the infinite time before arrival!

Have fun in Bonaire!

thanks all!!! I used a full 3/2 last time and would rather just pull the shorty. I think the shorty fill fly. uncfnp - pretrip rituals are so F'in fun!!! I am dying to get the h**l out of here and get far enough away from work to forget that is what pays for my dive trips. I think I am fully packed 4 weeks prior to leaving. We just want to dive till we are tired then drink beers till its completely dark! Bonaire has very fond memories for us. I cant wait to live it island style.

Our last trip was in March and it feel like a year ago!

---------- Post added July 22nd, 2013 at 08:50 PM ----------

And a big hello to divemaven!!! My wife loved her lavacore in HI. thanks a ton for the suggestion...I should have got some for myself - its freaky cold in HI in March!!! but worth it all - saw and heard whales, spinner dolphins, manta dives and Kona is SO laid back - loved it!

We took our 3/4'mm fulls and used them the first day and changed them out for a couple of lined dive skins and added a 2m vest at night and on the East side. It wasn't that the suits were too hot in the water, it's just the gearing up/walking down to the water/surface swim/trying to put on a damp suit while sweating profusely part. The skin was so easy to get on/off and protected us from the various rash inducing elements!! 81 +/- all week for us.

Have fun!! It seems like forever and we've only been back a week!

T

---------- Post added July 22nd, 2013 at 08:23 PM ----------

We just got back on Saturday and 80-81 was very consistent. We wore 3mm full suits and were comfortable for the entire 2 weeks.

Sorry we didn't hook up - sounds like you had a blast!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom