Current Water Temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in cozumel a couple weeks ago, the temp was 79-81. I found that the temperature closely correlates to the NOAA yucatan basin weather bouy. (if you google it you can see that it now reads 80.6 degrees)

The NOAA Bouy is Station 42056. You can link to it here. NDBC - Station 42056 Recent Data

You can check it against this temperature, taken at Cozumel - Ocean Water Temperature today. Quintana Roo Mexico Sea Temperatures

Those sources are at least taken from calibrated thermometers. I checked my own computer against a known and accurate thermometer, and my dive computer reads 2 degrees low - when it tells me that it’s 78 degrees, it’s really 80 degrees. When you take reports from other divers based on computer readings, unless they have calibrated their computers, that reading might be off by 4 degrees either way. Of course, both the NOAA data and the seatemperature.info data are taken from a depth of 1 meter, and the temp at 60’ or 90’ is likely to be as much as 2 or 3 degrees cooler.

...but pay no attention to me. I dive naked

Thanks for the trigger warning. And trust me, I will pay no attention to you . . . I try my best to avoid naked male divers. Female naked divers? That’s a whole other kettle of mermaids!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom