Current top drysuits for rec diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im looking into seaskin myself. How is the sizing? Would a 400 gram undersuit be comfortable with the standard size, or should one choose the "allowance for extra thick undersuit" option? I seem to be hearing conflicting reports about how big/tight their suits are..
I would choose the "extra thick" option. With baselayer and 4th element arctic my suit fits perfectly. Any thicker undergarment would be uncomfortable.

Im looking into seaskin myself. How is the sizing? Would a 400 gram undersuit be comfortable with the standard size, or should one choose the "allowance for extra thick undersuit" option? I seem to be hearing conflicting reports about how big/tight their suits are..
Ordered Seaskin with that option for my Weezle Extreme +
I wish the suit was more slim at chest and biceps areas.
Don't know how it would fit without that option though
82567201_2694628860582762_5609246040403214336_o.jpg
e240d658-eb30-495f-a8fe-0efe2910b61d.jpg

I also have this feeling that a lot of experienced drysuit divers kind of ignore or poo-poo Seaskin because of the price (and because they are not - or haven't been - very well known). "Never heard of them. They're so cheap they can't be very good." I think those people do themselves a disservice. My gut sense is that they are so inexpensive because they have really figured out how to streamline and automate a lot of their process for making made-to-measure suits - where other places are probably still doing a LOT more of the work of doing made-to-measure manually. So, less expensive because they do it more efficiently AND because they sell direct, with no middlemen.

Guess, they are cheap as they have neither any resellers, nor marketing - just sell directly from the factory.

Seaskin is my 3d drysuit for 15 years of cave diving career. (1st was DUI TLS350, second was Ursuit Kevlar).
Before ordering I requested specs on fabric - well known former Ferguson trilaminate with solid density (see attachment) and 3 years warranty on seams inspire confidence in the product.

So I agree, that Seaskin is a good choice... especially for my wallet)) Cost me $900 including all needed options and shipping

Attachments

• Trilaminate  density (4).jpg
    Trilaminate density (4).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 100
Frequently dive in Newfoundland waters (Sea surface temp of -1.5*C in winter, max of 10*C in summer, YIKES).

Abyss suit is amazing. Service is also fantastic.
Front and back entry, variety of neoprene thicknesses, kevlar outers. Great suits
They are awesome, I have the Atlantis front entry; love it!

Without regard to price, what do you consider to be the current top 3 - 5 drysuit models for cold water rec diving?
Overkill perhaps but I love my DUI CF200x. I don't like the price I paid; I don't like that it takes a day to dry but I love the toughness.

Interesting debate. As a new diver, I have picked up lots of advice.

I am in the process of finding my first drysuit. As a new recreation diver, I like to purchase high-quality stuff within a reasonable budget. Saying that, I like stuff that lasts. Reading this discussion gave me a good insight into drysuits.

My budget is £1K. For some of the items discussed here, I can see that my budget is very tight.

Within my budget, I can get a Scubapro Definition Dry HD Drysuit. What is so wrong with that? It is not a DUI, Waterproof or Santi, but it should do the job?

Scubapro also got something called Everytech Dry Breathable Drysuit. Looking at the description I think the Definition Dry HD it best.

I need something that dries quickly since it will keep on my sailing vessel most of the time.

My other equipment? SP MS25, G260 long hose, Halcyon wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom