Current top drysuits for rec diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mostly true.

But, a 3mm compressed neoprene is so thin to start with that the little bit that it does compress is pretty much negligible, when it comes affecting your buoyancy. At least, that's how it seems to be with the 2 different compressed neoprene suits I own or have owned.
What’s not true?

What’s not true?

The amount that neoprene compresses depends on the specific neoprene and the depth. It’s not as simple as “after 33 feet, it is compressed 50%.”

It’s not as simple as “after 33 feet, it is compressed 50%.”

Neoprene rubber does NOT compress by 50% at 33 feet. It is more like 66 feet but depends on the neoprene in different ways but not 50% at 33 feet.

You misunderstood Stuartv; he was debunking some remarks about some beliefs :)

You misunderstood me, I wasn't contradicting @stuartv :) , I was emphasizing what he said and adding more details to his statement. My information is based on old research at the U of Michigan concerning wetsuit compression.

You misunderstood me, I wasn't contradicting @stuartv :) , I was emphasizing what he said and adding more details to his statement. My information is based on old research at the U of Michigan concerning wetsuit compression.
Sorry for misunderstanding your understanding:cheers:

I've had drysuits from Poseidon, DUI, USIA, Diving Concepts, and Waterproof. None of the others come close to Waterproof. Easily replaceable seals that can be found cheaply and a dry glove system that actually stays dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom