Current Situation with the Dive Reservations System on the Point Lobos Website.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuck Tribolet

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
I got this from Kristina a few minutes ago:

Dear Divers,

First of all let me start off by saying thank you for your inquires regarding my auto accident. I’m still going through some recovery, however I am back in the office and I must say I missed you all.

Currently, as some of you have noticed, the Dive calendar and Dive Reservations form is gone from the Point Lobos website. During my leave, the pages were blocked to the public until I was allowed to return back to work. However during this process, somehow the pages were deleted. Our website developers are currently reconstructing the pages. Until the pages are back on, if you would like to make a reservation or check on dates you will need to email me at pointlobos@parks.ca.gov with the usual information needed, (Dates wanted, names of divers, your contact information, email address, and dive certification card types and numbers). Another option that you have is to call me during my business hours, Monday’s through Friday’s from 8 A.M. until 1 P.M. Emails are preferredJ. I will keep everyone update on the website.

Once again thank you all for your concerns and if you want to visit me, I’ll be in the office at my usual hours. J its great to be back.

Thanks Chuck ..i know on Monday the 4th the BeachHopper has all the Lobos spots for they're dive party...I think there are 4 spots left out of the 30 they had

Went to Lobos yesterday. My group called and left a message. There was no problem with our reservation. Viz wasn't that great in Whaler's Cove due to the recent rain though.

This morning I checked out 2 full sets of rental gear to a couple who came here from Nashville, TN in order to dive Pt. Lobos. They had tried to make reservations before they came, but of course were unable. As soon as they got to Monterey yesterday, they drove down to Pt. Lobos to make sure they could get in today (Thursday). They were told there would be no problem and that there was no need to make reservations.

I just got a phone call from them a minute ago telling me that when they got to the gate this morning, they were told NO divers were being admitted today because they had turned the dive area over to the state for lifeguard training. Needless to say, they are not happy campers now.

Bruce

This morning I checked out 2 full sets of rental gear to a couple who came here from Nashville, TN in order to dive Pt. Lobos. They had tried to make reservations before they came, but of course were unable. As soon as they got to Monterey yesterday, they drove down to Pt. Lobos to make sure they could get in today (Thursday). They were told there would be no problem and that there was no need to make reservations.

I just got a phone call from them a minute ago telling me that when they got to the gate this morning, they were told NO divers were being admitted today because they had turned the dive area over to the state for lifeguard training. Needless to say, they are not happy campers now.

Bruce

Right hand, I'd like to introduce you to Left hand. Left hand, meet right hand. "So nice to meet you, we really must get together more often."

Guy

The latest from Kristina:

Dear Divers,

I’m happy to say that there is now a Dive Reservation Form on the Point Lobos Foundation | Supporting Point Lobos State Natural Reserve website. Therefore, you do not have to send your reservation request to the pointlobos@parks.ca.gov email any further. Our web developers are still working on recreating the Dive Calendar for us. I’m sure it will be done soon. Thank you all for your patience with this matter. I will continue to keep you updated and I hope that you have a great day. J

Thank you,

Kristina Rosado

Dive Reservation Coordinator

Dive Line: 831-624-8413

Email: krosado@parks.ca.gov

Fax Number: 831-624-9265

"One Day At A Time"

And the dive calendar is back:

Dear Divers,

I’m extremely happy to tell you that the Dive Calendar is now available on the pointlobos.org website. Hope you all are having a great day.

Thank you,

Kristina Rosado

Dive Reservation Coordinator

Dive Line: 831-624-8413

Email: krosado@parks.ca.gov

Fax Number: 831-624-9265

"One Day At A Time"

Back
Top Bottom