Current Situation on Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, that's correct. Looks like they are allowed to re-start but they are all evaluating whether that makes sense. Best would be to contact your favourite LOB and ask directly.

original text : Les Maldives imposent des restrictions aux touristes

"(...)
Since the reopening of the tourist complexes, 29 local employees and 16 foreigners have been tested positive and placed in isolation in the facilities, according to the authorities. Last week, the Maldives, which has a population of 340,000, registered more than a thousand new infections.

The pandemic particularly affects disadvantaged people, both migrant and local workers, in the capital city of Male, where the government has imposed a night curfew since early August that extends to neighboring uninhabited islands.
(...)
Only 5200 tourists came during the month following reopening on July 15. Before the pandemic, the average monthly arrivals were around 141,000 tourists."

All visitors arriving in the Maldives will be required to present a negative Covid-19 PCR test certificate upon arrival, from next week.

While the country’s Health Protection Agency (HPA) has made this mandatory, the Ministry of Tourism via Twitter announced that this will come into effect from September 10.

read also : Covid-19: Maldives to require negative PCR tests for all visitors,...

I am on the Carpe Novo now and having a marvelous time. Many covid precautions are in place. The boat is quite spacious so it was possible for them to establish proper precautions to keep everyone safe. The crew is doing a great job. I will do a fuller report when I get back.

I am on the Carpe Novo now and having a marvelous time. Many covid precautions are in place. The boat is quite spacious so it was possible for them to establish proper precautions to keep everyone safe. The crew is doing a great job. I will do a fuller report when I get back.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience and related observations regarding extent of coral bleaching.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom