Current Situation on Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear Scubaboard,

I have planned to go to the Maldives at the 21st of March. I planned:

1st week: Dhigurah in South Ari Atoll
2nd week: Rasdhoo
3rd and 4th week: Two liveaboards starting from Male

Im from Germany (state Hessen) and still allowed to fly into the Maldives. I still have the option to postpone my flight free of charge fly later to the Maldives with the start of the liveaboards at the first week of April.

As the Scuba School on Dhigurah canceled my booking today Im struggling with my decision if I should go or not.

Is there anyone currently at the Maldives and report about the situation?

Thanks and best regards,

Tobi

Im aware about those travel restrictions. As Im not from this area if Germany Im fine ... at least for now.

Im very interested from people who are currently on the Maldives or have been there a few days ago. Is everything closing down? Please let me know about the places you stayed at and when it was.

Answers are much appriciated.

The decision to go or not was taken away now. Gulf Air canceled my flight. In addition I chattet with my home stay. They told me that the ferries are not going anymore. So it wont be possible to leave Male at the moment.

Just got the news from the hotel on Dhigurah that they are closing until end of April, at least.
So, i guess the Maldives are locking down.

Good to know. I think so too and hope that I will get my liveaboards refunded. I will keep you updated if there is anything new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom