Current river dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We just got back from a weekend of diving on the Current river. MidWest Scuba did a great job of taking care of us on the trip. Even though the vis was low due to recent storms, the trip was great and everyone had a good time.

Steve

Just curious, but how did you manage to get to dive in the river legally?

You are supposed to have a permit stating that your dive is for research or eductional purposes to dive in any spring-fed rivers in Missouri.

I've wanted to dive several of the rivers like the Current near Eminence, but could not due to this particular road block. If you have info on the issue, please pm it to me.

hmmm..... I have to say that I have never heard of anything like that. As for as I can tell you can (and people do) anything they want on the river. Please send me any info you have on the law reqarding river scuba.

Thanks,
Steve

That rule applies to Park springs such as BENNETT Spring, not rivers.
where is a good place to dive on the Current?
hmmm..... I have to say that I have never heard of anything like that. As for as I can tell you can (and people do) anything they want on the river. Please send me any info you have on the law reqarding river scuba.

Thanks,
Steve

Wow, we have revived a 6 year old thread!
We have dove the current a few times around Doniphan Missouri. It's wide, warmer, and sometimes deep there, but the times we dove it the vis was not very good. I would like to try some of the upper areas where the vis would be more consistanly good. Also, I think the Black river would have some good places. Doing this on a float trip would be the best way to find the good spots. Of course most of the rivers would be kinda shallow, but every once in awhile you may find a nice spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom