Current Processing Time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbianchi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know how long PADI is taking to process DM applications? I should have my last requirement (DM Conducted Programs) completed Friday and the app should be in the mail Fri/Sat.

Also what do you do in the in-between time? You aren't a DMC (as your no longer a student having completed the course) and your aren't a DM since PADI hasnt processed the app. So can you still help with classes? I am going to assume you cant conduct DM programs etc until you have your card/# and get insured. Right?

First off, congratulations Brandon. It has been taking somewhere around a week to 10 days for my DMC's to get their paperwork back. Tip: Give them a week, then give them a call. They will usually give you your number and you can go ahead and get your insurance, and be able to access the members site at PADI.com. You still need to wait on your packet to act as a certified assistant. You can continue to assist with classes but you still do not count for the position of certified assistant, allowing the instructor to increase his ratio, and you cannot teach DM lead programs. Once your paperwork is back, you can begin your DSD internship, after acquiring insurance. Have fun.

George thanks for the information. Lets just hope that all goes well tomorrow! :wink:

For someone submitting their application and paying their PADI dues this late in the year, how does PADI handle that? Are annual dues paid on the date of your initial certification as a professional or are they calendar-based? If calendar, do they prorate the dues for someone signing up so late in the calendar year?

This is from the Padi Member site:

NOTE: If your member certification date is between 1 October 2008 and 31 December 2008, your membership fee is paid through 31 December 2009; however, you must submit this completed Membership Renewal Application to maintain your membership for 2009.

Hope this helps

Wiz

First congrats second did you get your packet yet i over nited mine
and padi overnited it back =3 day turnaround

gb:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom