Current NAUI Instructor text books, any for sale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredGarvin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I want to buy a used set of current NAUI Instructor text books. I am about to start a NAUI ITC and I would prefer not to fork over $1200 for all the text books required.

Is there another option? I'm a beggin Ya.

Garv

I'm sure you have to get one of the two sets that NAUI offers for sale from them, as you have to register some of the instructor materials before you can teach (manuals have individual copy numbers). I also think they keep track of your purchase as it is a requirement that you have a full set of instructor materials before they certify you to teach. Get ready for your initial instructor registration and insurance payment. I would go for the complete instructor book package, you will never have to buy another manual unless you go Tech.

Thank you for your reply.

Approximately how much should I expect to pay for a Naui instructor training course? The text book package, as far I know, is about $1400.

What about this "initial instructor registration and insurance payment"? I am not familiar wit this fee... please clarify.

Finally, is there some benefit to being a Naui trained versus PAdi trained instructor?

Thanks again.
Garv

The benefit in my mind of being a NAUI instructor is that you can use your own teaching materials and your own lesson plan as opposed to being restricted to a set package of teaching materials and a moderately set lesson plan; assuming all minimum standards are met.

Initial instructor registration and insurance payment is the annual fee to be an active NAUI instructor. Currently it's around $700 together.
Try speaking with your ITC staff and instructor, I'm sure they can help to clarify as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom