Current dive conditions in Koh Tao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings to fellow divers!

I recently got my OW certificate and now I am happened to be in Koh Samui. I am wondering if anyone has been in Koh Tao recently/going there soon? How are dive conditions there, or some info I should know?

Best regards,
Maxim Zavadskiy

I got certified there. A lot of people here will say it's not that great, but if you're a new diver I think you'll find it just fine. I know I certainly found it awesome while I was there (saw some small sharks, rays, etc), but I didn't have anything to compare it to at the time since it was my first dives. In hindsight, I still think the diving there is underrated.

On the downside, it is quite busy. It's like the cheapest place in the world to get certified, so boats are full and the sites are often crowded. I didn't mind personally, but if you're not into that type of thing...

On a slightly separate note, Koh Tao is probably my favorite place I've ever been to.

You're next door now, with quite a few diveshops offering diving at Koh Tao on your doorstep. Why don't you just pop in and ask them. More up to date you won't get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom