Current conditions around Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muddiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm set to be on Maui the two weeks after Thanksgiving. What are the current conditons, water temperatures around Maui and Molokini.

If you go to B&B's website (Maui Hawaii Dive Boat and Scuba Training Center - B&B Scuba) , they have dive reports on their main page that give conditions and water temperature. As of Saturday, water temperature looks to be running around 78-79 degrees with a NW swell.

We'll be there for Christmas and New Years (yay!!) and expect the water to have dropped another couple of degrees to the 75-77 degree range.

Just returned from a great 10 days in Maui. Surface temps were consistant with highs 82-85 lows upper 60s....Perfect! Water temp at Lanai was 78 and Molokini 79. Vis was great. Lanai 70' to 80', Molokini +/- 100'. The trade winds were stalling out the day we left which left a bit of fog and haze in the AM but cleared nicely. Forcast for this week was a little wet though. Dove with Maui Dive Shop. Great crew, great boat (Maka-Koa), divemasters were outstanding. Highly recommended. Other questions shoot me an e-mail. I hope you have a blast!

Ahhh.... Sorry, I had to laugh. DiveMaven and Highliner have to be use to the water temps like I dive here in California. So anything over 65 deg. F is tosty, tropical and comfy! :D

Really though, thanks for the info. I will definatly check out B&B's web page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom