Curacao vs Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most points have been covered. There's plenty of boat diving on bonaire now a days. The reef is healthier, but the island itself is still quiet so if you're looking for things to do outside of dive probably Curacao. It's also inexpensive to fly between the two depending on how long your trip is. My last trip I did 10 days split and got to enjoy both islands.

Interesting. I've asked about boat diving and received limited responses. Any details of who to use?

Salt pier was my most disappointing dive for my one visit to Bonaire. I found the amount of tires and trash to be unattractive.
Wait--are you being facetious? Sure, it's unattractive to us, but apparently not the marine life, which like to hide in the tires and other junk. There are octopuses in those things. It's basically an artificial reef--not just the pier structure itself, but including all the junkpiles. I have seen a greater variety of marine life at Salt Pier than any other site.

Oh well. Maybe the unattractiveness of the junk outweighs the benefit.

Wait--are you being facetious? Sure, it's unattractive to us, but apparently not the marine life, which like to hide in the tires and other junk. There are octopuses in those things. It's basically an artificial reef--not just the pier structure itself, but including all the junkpiles. I have seen a greater variety of marine life at Salt Pier than any other site.

Oh well. Maybe the unattractiveness of the junk outweighs the benefit.

I'm not too sure about the benefit. Sure the steel is ok, but the tires are not good. Other places have tried to use them for an artificial reef, but they leach chemicals. For me, I like pristine. All the other dives I did were pristine.

I'm not too sure about the benefit. Sure the steel is ok, but the tires are not good. Other places have tried to use them for an artificial reef, but they leach chemicals. For me, I like pristine. All the other dives I did were pristine.
Some people love the pristine mountains, people who live there like houses.

Some people love the pristine mountains, people who live there like houses.

You can build houses without clear cutting.

Interesting. I've asked about boat diving and received limited responses. Any details of who to use?
Dive Friends, daily boats to Klein, and less accessible Bonaire sites

Two tanks are generally 1 and 1

Yet it’s not pristine

You can build a house with trash, but it doesn't make it a good place to live. Is that better?

Dive Friends, daily boats to Klein, and less accessible Bonaire sites

Two tanks are generally 1 and 1

How does that compare to Curacao boat diving availability?

You can build a house with trash, but it doesn't make it a good place to live. Is that better?
Better, or
you can build a house with trash, it beats sitting neck deep in snow! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom