Curacao Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike C

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just returned from a 5-day trip. We stayed at the Marriott - excellent hotel. I went diving with Caribbean Sea Sports. Excellent crew and staff. Since I was alone,I tagged along on a Discover Scuba course on a shore dive with a small group, and all I was charged for was tanks and weights (I brought my gear down). Easy gear up. They have benches just outside the shop. Good for people like me with back issues. The next day I went on a boat trip - only 8 people. We went to the Underwater Park, and then to Bullen Bay. Terrific conditions - 80' viz, although in the locals' eyes it could have been better. Last Wednesday Curacao had 2+" of rain, so the seas were slightly cloudy. The only fly in the ointment was the return trip through Miami, where you have to claim your luggage, go through customs, return your luggage, and then go through US security. We used almost our entire 2-hour layover to go through this - an absolute, disorganized mob scene. One of our bags didn't make it to Newark (fortunately not the one with my dive gear). It was delivered to my house 2 days later. All-in-all, a good, restful vacation and some excellent diving. Curacao reminds me of Aruba from 30 years ago: laid back, not built up.

Thanks for posting. I agree, Miami airport is a nightmare. If only we had other options...

They don't call it MIA for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!:crafty::crafty:

Any time I am returning to the US and have a connecting flight I schedule a minimum 3 hour layover for this very reason...

The only fly in the ointment was the return trip through Miami, where you have to claim your luggage, go through customs, return your luggage, and then go through US security.

To Newark why didn't you take direct flight?

We went from Tuesday to Saturday. Continental runs a weekly non-stop flight from Newark only on Saturday. the only other carrier I found was American, through Miami.

Delta dropped their Atlanta - Curacao route last month and instead now have a Bonaire - Atlanta route. Bummer.

So, our Sep. 2010 Curacao trip is booked via American through Miami. MIA is my least favorite airport to make international connections at also (San Juan is my second least favorite).

I know this is dated, but as of August 2010, Delta is still flying through Atlanta to Curacao

Back
Top Bottom