curacao trip feb.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggilway

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello I would like to get information on the dive shop Ocean Encounters located next to the sea aquarium resort. My wife and I will be going there at the end of Feb. Any advice , opinions or reccomendations would be appreciated, both positive or negative. If there is any other dive shops that you would speak for I would greatly appreciate that information. Thank You geoff

I only dove with them once (dolphin dive) so I don't have a lot of experience either way.

If you are staying at that resort, they're certainly the closest option. About the only thing I noticed is they're pretty safety conscious, since we were only diving with them that morning they asked if we could do a checkout dive first but since the boat left around 8AM...not likely. So what they asked for instead was a logged dive on Curacao - since we had done about 20 dives earlier that week that was easy.

I remember nice people in the shop and the boat crew was fine. Nothing particularly stands out about any of them except they were competent at what they did. If by chance you are considering the dolphin dive - a clue as to where they are in the beginning is to watch the videographer - he spots them first as they're zooming around.

Otherwise, nice facilities, nice boat - we bring our gear so I didn't see their rentals.

If you do feel like a drive one day go dive with Go West in Westpunt. I recommend the day they dive Watamula if you do. It's also a nice facility with several nearby food options and arguably the best shore dive also - Playa Kalki - if you wanted to make a day of it. From the Seaquarium I'd allow for an hour drive.

We almost exclusively shore dove the west side so I don't have experience with most other shops - Discover DIve in Playa Lagun was very accommodating helping us load/take tanks as needed.

95% of the island is shore dives. There is no reason to take a boat and spend the money and wake up on a schedule if your are comfortable by yourself and driving around the island.

I do like watumala, west punt, blue bay, casa abou to name a few.

ask any question

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom