Curacao Tek-Lite, Part 2, The Twin Tug Boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remy B.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here is another Tek-Lite spot that I visit in my last vacations in Curacao, it is 47m deep max on the sand bottom, it consist of two old discarded tug boats, that were dumped behind the Sea Aquarium, they lay near the drop off abysm, no body knows how deep it actually go.

For this dive I went with Ocean Encounters, rented my Deco bottle and they prepared my fills and they drop us off at the right point, for this dive it was three divers, two with AL-100 and AL-40's and me with my Sidemount and a AL-40.

This is a drift dive, once you reach the tug boats from there you ascent in a drift, take your camera with you there is a lot of nice and healthy coral and marine live to see in the drift ascent, once you reach the Coral Restoration farm that is from Ocean Encounters you are right there near the beach from Lions Dive Resort know as well as Mambo Beach. ( by the way Ocean Encounters Coral Restoration program is a very nice project, you can volunteer to help them one day during your holiday, it is fun and it is very shallow so any diver with descent buoyancy and OW card can help and they are more than happy with the help.)

I know that Ocean Encounters do this Twin tug boats dive as part of their Tec dive courses, and Tec guided dives, the dive spot is easy to find but is the best to go with a guide from Ocean Encounters so you are sure you will get to the right spot.

It is a nice and easy dive.

Thanks for sharing. Its beautiful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom