Curacao Sunset Waters 8/15-23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well back being busy at work. But it's good, just got a promotion to a job I really wanted. Makes it easier to come back from a wonderful vacation when something like that is waiting for you.

I've been going through my photos. I took about 500 underwater photos, then my wife and I combined took about 400 topside photos. She loved all the birds attacking the sugar packets.

But I did post a bunch in the Gallery. More to come, and slowly really working them.

I share these with some of my co workers, they "ahh, ouuu, I'd never do that it's to scary." Their idea of a vacation is a cruise. And likely not even getting off the boat. To be the best thing about boats is jumping off of em.

But in any case LOVED Curacao. I think as much for the people as the diving. Everywhere we went we met wonderful people. Or even just got to say hi on the phone (Sunshine)

The fish in Curacao sure seem camera shy. Much more than other places. But that makes it some of a challenge.

PICT0004_2.jpg

My family are staying and diving at sunset waters during dec. How was the resort, clean yes or no? Was the food at the resort good or bad?

My family are staying and diving at sunset waters during dec. How was the resort, clean yes or no? Was the food at the resort good or bad?

Hi indyandrea...
I have to say, the diving was the best I've ever seen. The resort is clean, and the staff is very friendly. I discovered that some residents are a little shy at first, but after a few warm hellos or hola's, they warm up quickly and really enjoy seeing you each day. The food was good. It's not 5 star restaurant gourmet, but we never had a problem clearing our plates (and there's plenty more to refill). The staff of Sunset Divers blew us away. Lynn & Dave took us in like family, and our DMs Clark & Scott were true professionals. From a professional diver's perspective, from a 1 - 10 score, I rate the place an 11. If I were a hootsie tootsie luxury seeking tourist, I would find things to whine about... but I'm not.

I'm embedding a video of the place (not sure it will come out), and I'm also including a link to our YouTube video.
YouTube - Curacao Dive 4

Hope it comes out, and hope your trip in December is wonderful. Send Sunset Divers our love until we return next year.

Bobby & Carie

Hi Bobby and Carie -- You answered about as I did in a private message. My wife and I had a super time and I do see us going back. I agree that Lynn, Dave, Scott, Clark, and the rest of the staff felt more like friends. We'd spend the day together having fun.

I ate like a pig on vacation. But lost 5lb. That's because I had so much fun, diving, then swimming, or kayaking. I love ocean swimming. Especially when I can swim over the transition from shallow to deeper, love the colors. I didn't say drop off because it's not quite that. But gosh was it hard to leave.

Indyandra I'd sure love to hear from you upon your return.

I will echo also the comment that if you are looking for super luxury or fast paced night life then this isn't the place. They always had some entertainment, local talent. Various degree of skills, but my wife and I enjoy that. She used to be a singer and always enjoys performances like that.

So when are yo folks going to be there?

Judy and I will be on the island from Dec 5th to 19th; maybe we'll bump into each other in one of the reefs.

We will be arriving Dec 20 and leaving on 27th. So, Storm we miss one another. I looking forward to Curacao. We did Bonaire last December, and we all enjoyed it. Where the bugs bad when any of you were there in Curacao

Yes to the bugs. I'm kinda surprised, usually I don't get bit, my wife does all the time. She must be sweeter than I. But wow I had bites when I came back. So bring something. I didn't use anything to keep them away. never have, guess I will from now on.

I shouldn't do this, but :) I've been sorting the many photos we took in Curacao. I'm not done with them by a long shot, but I did put them up on the web. It's probably too easy to put them up. And I know I'll be working on them for some time to come.

So if you'd like to see what we (Tammy and I) shot go to. Curacao Vacation

My goal really is to be done with them before I go back. And I hope that isn't too far off in the future.

your pics are great! It looks peaceful; I am looking forward to going there. I thougt Bonaire was lovely, but there are really not very many beaches.

I'd really love to be able to really get around Curacao to more of those wonderful beaches. It is a beautiful place.

We did some diving right off one of the very popular and sounded very busy beaches. It was kiinda nice to sit back on the boat yet be close enough to hear all the people on the beach having fun in the sun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom