Curacao or Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StephM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My partner and I are planning a dive trip to the Caribbean this June. We're newbie divers - are certified with only a few additional dives under our belts... We certified in Curacao a year ago and really enjoyed the shore dives. We'd love to check out Grand Cayman but are wondering - are there varied dives for new divers and is there shore diving in addition to the boat diving?

Any comments appreciated :)

Steph

Grand Cayman has plenty of diving that will suit your skill level and they do offer several shore dives. You will have a great time.

Grand Cayman was our first dive trip in 2005 after getting certified (we'd been there once before as boring snorkelers). We stayed at Cobalt Coast, they have a nice shore dive in addition to boats. Some of the wall dives can be deep but you don't have to go as deep as everyone else does. I remember the diving having pretty nice visibility, really nice walls, loved tarpon alley and all the stingrays/turtles. I think GC set this expectation that we were going to see turtles on every dive in other locations which has not been the case. There's a lot to do topside also, definitely recommend renting a car so you can explore the entire island. Great restaurants too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom