Curaçao Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My husband and I are planning a 2022 trip to Curaçao and are looking for a recommendation for a dive shop. We understand that shore diving is very popular there, but prefer boat diving or if not, help getting gear in the water. We also like to have a guide since we will be unfamiliar with the dive sites. Any recommendations?

^ agree. Ton of threads. I heartily recommend Goby Divers. Bernardo and his wife do a great job and have a shop boat. There are other decent shops and there is some shore diving as well.

You say "help getting gear in the water".... I'd say 90+% of Curacao shore diving is walking in on an easy sand beach entry. Doesn't get any easier than that. It isn't like Bonaire...

I am a fan of The Dive Bus, and have used them for 3 trips there in the recent past (had a fourth booked last spring that was derailed wih the COVID pandemic). Can't wait to meet up again with the folks there.

There are others too, depends on where you are geographically as to what is convenient.

I've never boat dived in Curacao.......

I am a fan of The Dive Bus, and have used them for 3 trips
I've never boat dived in Curacao

Why would you use The Dive Bus for shore diving? Can't you just go on your own and dive from shore? What do they offer that you can't do yourself?

Why would you use The Dive Bus for shore diving? Can't you just go on your own and dive from shore? What do they offer that you can't do yourself?

dive bus was great for me and my two boys in 2019. They have tanks and weights and good info on the dive sites. Pick up tanks the night before, dive in morning and swap tanks later in the day. Nice and easy way to shore dive around the island.

You can use them as just a source (air/rentals).... even packages with rental vehicles

But, also you can just relax...

With them it is "concierge" shore diving (I didn't say botique, you help out with carrying/loading stuff.). Worry free. My gear is with them while I am there, drying in the air, and secured overnight, out again for me in the morning. Rinse tanks and showers, bathrooms and beverages on my return. They know the Island (hassles of driving), and they know the spots (nice to have local knowledge of the small critters, but also they are not hearding you). Choice parking. Food, snacks, and beverages with each trip all on the ready. Fun to be around (it is a social experience too). I don't have to even think about things like gas stations. No worries about trashing a rental car (sand/water/road damage).

Lots of positives....

You can use them as just a source (air/rentals).... even packages with rental vehicles

But, also you can just relax...

With them it is "concierge" shore diving (I didn't say botique, you help out with carrying/loading stuff.). Worry free. My gear is with them while I am there, drying in the air, and secured overnight, out again for me in the morning. Rinse tanks and showers, bathrooms and beverages on my return. They know the Island (hassles of driving), and they know the spots (nice to have local knowledge of the small critters, but also they are not hearding you). Choice parking. Food, snacks, and beverages with each trip all on the ready. Fun to be around (it is a social experience too). I don't have to even think about things like gas stations. No worries about trashing a rental car (sand/water/road damage).

Lots of positives....

What @rhwestfall said about Dive Bus, and if you want boat dives, Ocean Encounters is close by, and has a dive shop at the Sunscape Curacao Resort just across the street from the Dive Bus. We are staying at Sunscape when able to travel because of its proximity to Dive Bus and Ocean Encounters. I highly recommend both dive ops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom